I've got a problem that seems bizarre to me, so I hope someone will read this that is smarter than I am (I'm not very bright). I use Outlook 2003 and I have my Storm (still running OS .75) set up on BIS. Whenever I get an email on my Storm, it does not show up (at all) in Outlook. Even if I don't read/open the email...even if I don't delete the email...if it comes to my Storm, it doesn't go to Outlook. I do have Outlook set to leave the messages on the server. While poking around in email options>email reconciliation, I found something called Wireless Reconcile. It was set to On. Could this be causing my problem? If not, does anyone have any other ideas why getting emails on my bb would cause them to never show up in Outlook?

Thanks for any ideas,

Grey
    02-03-09 06:23 PM
    Unless your on BES. Don't worry about it, really.

If you are using version 2.4 of the Blackberry Internet Service then this does not apply to you. Blackberry email is available on both the handheld device and the Blackberry Internet Service webclient. Wireless Reconcile is a way of matching the two, so that you can manage your emails on either the handheld or the webclient without needing to carry out the same actions on each. If you delete an email using the handheld, you can use Wireless Reconcile to cause the email to be deleted on the webclient, or if you want to delete several emails at the same time you can use the webclient to delete in bulk and then carry out a Wireless Reconcile to cause them to be deleted from the handheld. By default, Wireless Email Reconciliation is disabled.

As for email, is this email address being used for your computer setup on blackberry?. Your Blackberry email address will not come to your computer..
    02-03-09 06:27 PM
    The email address in question is a POP3 account that I NEED to go to both my BB and my Outlook PC. As much as I love my BB and the email function, if I need to reply to someones email, and the reply will be lengthy, the last thing I want to do is try to hack out a long message with my thumbs. A few weeks ago, my emails went to both the Storm and my Outlook PC. Then they quit going to my PC. A normal question to that last sentence would be..."what did you change either on the PC or on the Storm?" However, if I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't be seeking help (not trying to sound like a smarty pants). I have no idea what changed. I'm hoping that someone else has had this happen (I did search for variations of this and found nothing relevant) and can tell me what I did and/or how to fix it.

Thanks,

Grey
    02-03-09 07:24 PM
    what is your ISP for your email
    02-03-09 07:31 PM
    ISP is Earthlink.
    02-03-09 07:38 PM
    Email messages delivered to the BlackBerry smartphone are not received by the computer email application

Overview

Email messages delivered to the BlackBerry smartphone are not received by the computer email application.

Cause

This issue can be caused by one of the following:
    1. After being deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone, email messages are removed from the messaging server.
    2. Email messages are delivered with different time stamps. Email messages are on the computer email application, but they are located at an unexpected place within the message list.
    3. Different or incorrect access information is being used by the computer email application.
    4. Email messages are forwarded to a BlackBerry email address on the BlackBerry smartphone, and no forwarding rule has been set to leave a copy of the message on the server after forwarding.

Resolution

Complete the appropriate resolution.
    Cause 1

After being deleted on your BlackBerry smartphone, email messages are removed from the messaging server.
    Resolution
    Configure the Delete On option to delete email messages from your BlackBerry smartphone only. Complete the following steps:
    1. Select the Messages folder from the Home screen of your BlackBerry smartphone.
    2. Open the menu and select Options.
    3. Click Email Reconciliation.
    4. In the Delete On field, click Handheld or Prompt.
    5. On the Email Reconciliation menu, click Save.
    Cause 2

Email messages are delivered with different time stamps. Email messages are actually on the computer email application, but they are located at an unexpected place within the message list.
    Resolution
    Verify that your email messages are remaining on the messaging server after delivery to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    When viewed on the BlackBerry smartphone, the time stamp indicates when the email message was pushed by the BlackBerry Internet Service to your BlackBerry smartphone. When viewed using your computer email application, the time stamp on the email message indicates when it arrived on the incoming messaging server.
    Cause 3

Different or incorrect access information is being used by your computer email application.
    Resolution
    Configure your computer email application to use the same information as your BlackBerry Internet Service email account association.
    1. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account. For instructions, see KB03781.
    2. To the right of your listed email address, click Edit.
    3. Your association information will be displayed within the General Settings. If your messaging server address is available, it can be viewed under the Advanced Settings.
    Cause 4

Email messages are forwarded to your BlackBerry email address on your BlackBerry smartphone, and no forwarding rule has been set to leave a copy of the message on the server after forwarding.
    Resolution
    Confirm that the forwarding rule function is configured to leave copies of forwarded email messages on the server. This option can be selected within the options of the forwarding rule. Steps differ depending on the email application or the messaging server.
    02-03-09 07:39 PM
    Also check you ISP email settings..... Something could have changed on there....
    02-03-09 07:41 PM
    WOW!!! That's going to take me some time to go through, but thanks much. From a glance, it looks like what I was searching for.

Grey
    02-03-09 07:43 PM
    Np, please let me know if it does fix it....
    02-03-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD