Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening again
Hello I am on .75 now and at first the camera started. But now it tells me:
"Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again"
I have tried soft/hard resets
Still no joy.. Also when I try and launch the video camera - the app terminates...
Any suggestions on what app I need to kill?
- 12-31-2008, 05:32 PM #3
I came across this problem yesterday. Who knows how long the problem has been going on (although I did take a picture on 12/20).
I was using version .75.
I wiped and reloaded and it also did not fix my problem.
Desperate for a solution I downloaded and upgraded to the leaked .85 and this fixed the problem. I assume this was a problem with .75. I could not find a solution for this anywhere.
- CrackBerry Master
12-31-2008, 05:58 PM #4
- 1,444 Posts
Could it be that you all have lots of live data feeds, like WSJ, AP, or WeatherBug, active ? These do require servicing by the Storm's cpu. Yesterday I installed Viigo and noted a big drop in performance all throughout my Storm. It is laced with many active channels. Fortunately for me, after looking at this app, I concluded it was lame (like AOL or Readers Digest) and I nuked it, rebooted and I am happy again.
I DO have VZN Navigator installed. My position here is that RIM/Verizon will get the job done on this app so that it will not bog down our Storms unless we are actually using this really good app.
It is in the nature of computers to get overloaded, so constant review will be necessary, I think.
- 05-22-2009, 05:52 PM #7
I've had the same problem. Tried these fixes - some of which worked for some - with different result:
1 Pull the battery while ON - didn't work
2 Put LIGHT presuure on the camera with battery off - didn't work
3 change picture storage to SD card - didn't work
4 options-advanced...-host-register - didn't work
5 pulled SD card - worked for a minute or so (I tought card was faulty. Worth a try)
6 installed original version of device manager that came with the phone (my case 184.108.40.206) and reinstalled latest device software with it ( at time 220.127.116.11) finally worked!!!
Seems the the newer version of DM messed something up for me. But the latest version of device software is ok as long as I used the original (for me) version of Dm to install it. It took me a month but finally.