I have a Storm since release date. my company does not use blackberries and for safety reasons, access to the POP server only via VPN. no IMAP at all. the server there is Novel NetMail.
    anyway, the workaround i could do is to make an auto-forward of all my incoming messages to a gmail account and this gmail account is then synchronized with my Storm via BIS. the problem with this is that i have to delete all messages twice, once on the BB and thereafter on Outlook.
    Is there a way of running the Desktop Redirector to access my Outlook messages rather than having to set this auto-forward? any other solution? dont really care about having access to all my folders, but just synchronizing the Outlook and Storm.
    thanks beforehand for any reply.
    02-27-09 02:24 PM
    Why not just forward to your vzw.blackberry.net address?
    02-27-09 02:30 PM
    That's what I do but using gmail. I would still have the double-inbox issue - one on the corporate outlook and another one with vzw.bberry.net.
    Txs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 03:20 PM
    You can set it via BIS. Just login to verizon.blackberry.com and add an email address there. I have a couple of users doing that today, even though we a BES server.

02-27-09 03:33 PM
    That's what I do but using gmail. I would still have the double-inbox issue - one on the corporate outlook and another one with vzw.bberry.net.
    Txs.

Just set ip a rule on the mail server to forward your emails to your vzw.blackberry.net address, no need for BIS and only one inbox
    02-27-09 03:37 PM
    I don't get it. When I delete a msg on bberry, how will the message be deleted on outlook?

@labphoto: I can't access the pop server from the outside so bis cannot handle.

Thx again!

02-27-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD