The lower left corner (in portrait positioning) of the screen doesn't click. It still activates, but doesn't have the click feeling.

Before I take it back, I wanted to know if all 4 corners of your Storm clicks properly?

The more people that can give me a quick report, the easier to make my decision. Dang, I wish I created a poll.

Uniform click everywhere
    Diminished click at one or more corner (but still registers action)
    No click at one or more corners (but still registers action)
    No click, no response at corners

Thanks
    Last edited by hal1; 11-23-08 at 01:48 AM.
    11-23-08 01:34 AM
    The click sensation on mine is diminished or barely existent near the edges. Everything works fine, it just doesn't get the same satisfying click as it does near the center, probably because the clicking mechanism is toward the center of the screen.
    11-23-08 01:37 AM
    I can barely tell the difference on mine. It isn't as crisp as other parts are, but mine clicks.
    11-23-08 01:39 AM
    Same problem as the OP. Bottom left is a difficult click
    11-23-08 01:40 AM
    Mine is same as OP my left dosent click at all i have to click very hard and it only sometime registers ..
    11-23-08 01:40 AM
    All of my corners feel great. If yours doesn't click at all I would be worried. I think I would be worried about a weak click also. I think the clicking is suppose to be pretty uniform throughout.
    11-23-08 01:42 AM
    I have the same problem. Left bottom corner by the green botton of the screen doesn't click anymore but the other 3 corner click. i'm going back to verizon tomorrow morning. I hope this doesn't be a problem in the long run
    11-23-08 01:47 AM
    Mine clicks great..

Bottom left works great.. if it didn't .. i'd die since closing apps is essential for keeping this guy speedy (you'd have to go landscape every time ugh)
    11-23-08 01:48 AM
    All corners should click, however, the corners won't click and depress as nicely because it so far from the dimple in the center. If it doesn't click at all it could be a bent magnesium frame underneath. It wouldn't be surprising to find a few with that problem.
    11-23-08 01:49 AM
    Bottom left AND bottom right do not click AT ALL... it doesn't register either. It just feels completely solid, which is ridiculous since there are buttons that appear in those locations and I can't click them...

Going back to store tomorrow to see if I can exchange it: do you think I will encounter any issues/hassle exchanging it? it should be a pretty clear hardware issue right?

On that note, my gf also got a storm today, and hers clicks fine throughout. I noticed that in the "about" menu, her storm has a later "Branding Version" than mine. Is branding version = hardware version? If so, maybe the earlier versions (such as mine) all suffer from this issue...?
    11-23-08 02:10 AM
    Bottom left AND bottom right do not click AT ALL... it doesn't register either. It just feels completely solid, which is ridiculous since there are buttons that appear in those locations and I can't click them...

Going back to store tomorrow to see if I can exchange it: do you think I will encounter any issues/hassle exchanging it? it should be a pretty clear hardware issue right?

On that note, my gf also got a storm today, and hers clicks fine throughout. I noticed that in the "about" menu, her storm has a later "Branding Version" than mine. Is branding version = hardware version? If so, maybe the earlier versions (such as mine) all suffer from this issue...?
    I'd just try to close a program in front of them at the store (you won't since your screen is messed up) and tell them.. "I cant manage the handhelds memory now because of this" Seems pretty easy.
    11-23-08 02:14 AM
    You shouldn't have any problems returning it because Verizon has a 30 day policy. However, you might find it hard to exchange since there is a short supply at the moment.

I'm not sure about the "branding version." The branding version number is a relatively new thing. I think it is only displayed on os 4.7 maybe in 4.6 and 4.5 as well. What's your branding version? 1.0.105.46 seems to be the standard.
    11-23-08 02:21 AM
    is the 30 day policy valid for any place that sells Verizon phones? I ask because I bought mine at a store that sells cell phones from a variety of networks, and they also sell stuff like DISH network, so it wasn't specifically a Verizon store.

My branding version is 1.0.105.147.
    My gf's branding version is 1.0.105.160. and hers works PERFECTLY.
    11-23-08 02:31 AM
    yah , and i also called verizon and said my lower half of the screen stoped clicking and therfor making my storm unuseable i need it for work ASAP and they said sorry to hear that the closest date they can send one out is the 15th ish but the new customers will take priority. this is bull ****.
    11-23-08 02:36 AM
    is the 30 day policy valid for any place that sells Verizon phones? I ask because I bought mine at a store that sells cell phones from a variety of networks, and they also sell stuff like DISH network, so it wasn't specifically a Verizon store.

I'm not sure if the Verizon policy is available to non Verizon store but I don't see why not if they are about to sell and contract Verizon items. Try it, the store itself may have a return policy since its only been a few days.

From what I can tell the branding version is different on all phones. 3 Storm's I've checked all have a different branding so IDK what its purpose is.
    11-23-08 02:41 AM
    Wtf, my branding version is 1.0.105.7 (way different) according to the about section in my phone. The bottom left hand corner barely has a clicking sensation but it still clicks. I just need to press it a tad bit harder than the rest. If I could switch it out with a perfectly clicking all around unit that'd be ideal but it doesn't bother me THAT much. I'm wondering if it just needs to break in...maybe not though.
    11-23-08 03:00 AM
    BTW, there's a large black gap on the bottom about a cm thick that isn't supposed to click at all so don't count the bottom left hand corner from there, it needs to start where the actual colors displaying starts.
    11-23-08 03:02 AM
    You shouldn't have any problems returning it because Verizon has a 30 day policy.
    30 days for return, but even after 30 days VZ should be able to take care of the warranty. Unless you mean that within 30 days they'll just give you a new one.
    11-23-08 03:30 AM
    If you with in 30 day you could return in for a new one. After 30 day you have 1 year warranty from RIM. you also have insurance if you have it for verizon
    11-23-08 03:34 AM
    If you with in 30 day you could return in for a new one. After 30 day you have 1 year warranty from RIM. you also have insurance if you have it for verizon
    Obveously he is within his 30 days .. jesus the phone came out 2 days ago lol
    11-23-08 03:37 AM
    If it is like my Razr from Verizon, one could still get it repaired/replace/refurbished/whatever under Rim's warranty but could still get it done via Verizon without actually sending it to Rim.
    11-23-08 10:06 AM
    i called verizon, the more they know it's a known issue, the more incentive they have to fix it.
    11-23-08 03:40 PM
    Verizon Blackberry support said they hadn't heard of any problems yet (start calling guys and gals).

Had a guy at the store look at it and he documented that it didn't click, but thought that it would be quicker for me to call CS....WRONG. CS said it would be best to have it replaced at the store since they will get them in at the same time as he could send me one. No big deal, since it will be Dec. 15th or so anyway.

So, off I go to the VZ store tomorrow to have them order a replacement for me.

Good thing I didn't order PeekaWho yet.
    11-23-08 07:11 PM
    I had the same problem and went to Verizon today. They put in the order for a replacement.

They charged what I paid back onto my account
    I wait for the new device
    I bring it to any Verizon store and have them exchange the new device
    And take away what money they put on my account as well as the broken Storm.

The only thing is that I won't be receiving the new one till on or just before December 15th. I feel Verizon will give new costumers priority over fixing their mistake. That's just my opinion though. Hope this helps you guys.
    11-24-08 03:17 PM
    Mine clicks poorly in the top left in portrait mode (bottom left in my normal landscape). It still registers and there's little to click there so I'm not that concerned. I have insurance so if it ever ceases to work I'll take it back.

All the edges are a little more difficult to push but all register ok.
    11-24-08 03:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD