Well my brother did...lol..

You know those tapedeck wires for the Ipod that let you play your ipod over your car stereo system??

Well they work for the Storm too, so if your bored of regular music radio stations and dont want to dish out money for XM/Sirius (its a good thing seeing they are filing for chapter 11)...then do what I do and load up Slacker, plug in the wire, insert into tape deck and enjoy quality music with stereo sound.....

oh, and if you get a phone call....dont worry the dang thing acts like a speakerphone too....trust me this one came as a big surprise......

ENJOY!! Oh, how I love my Storm
    Last edited by nymyth; 02-19-09 at 06:21 AM.
    02-19-09 06:19 AM

You know those tapedeck wires for the Ipod that let you play your ipod over your car stereo system??

Well they work for the Storm too, so if your bored of regular music radio stations and dont want to dish out money for XM/Sirius (its a good thing seeing they are filing for chapter 11)...then do what I do and load up Slacker, plug in the wire, insert into tape deck and enjoy quality music with stereo sound.....

oh, and if you get a phone call....dont worry the dang thing acts like a speakerphone too....trust me this one came as a big surprise......

SIRI was bailed out by Liberty Media, they will live to broadcast another day. Even in Ch 11, they would still continue broadcasting. Ch 7 is when you have to start worrying (aka Circuit City)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 06:48 AM

This will work on anything because all the device does is act like headphones. Anything you can plug headphones into you can plug the tapedeck player into.
    02-19-09 06:50 AM
    SIRI was bailed out by Liberty Media, they will live to broadcast another day. Even in Ch 11, they would still continue broadcasting. Ch 7 is when you have to start worrying (aka Circuit City)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not to hi jack the thread. I feel bad for anyone loosing their jobs. But CC had
    lousy customer service.........
    But back to thread; THANKS For the info I figure it had to work.......
    I am not suprised about it working like a speaker phone. Because when u
    have a call going wit your head phones listening to your tunes.
    U can take calls while listening to music.....
    I do love this thing
    02-19-09 07:05 AM
    Yeah those things are cool. I wish my Jeep had a tape deck.

I bought one of those (cheap) FM transmitters that plugs into your cigarette lighter adapter and has a female 1/8 stereo jack and a USB port. It works and the FM transmitter is surprisingly strong, but the sound quality is below average... it has a very muddy quality.

I might try a more expensive one and see if I get better results.

<What's up TP?!?!?>
    02-19-09 07:14 AM
    My car stereo has a 3.5mm headphone jack on the front and USB to connect a mass storage device to it so I just connect the storm using a 3.5mm male to male jack..

Ooooh you just got me thinking, my iPod doesn't work when plugged into USB in the car since you can't see the iPod music in mass storage mode but the storm you can... I wonder if it would work, would give me better quality and possibly charge at the same time
    02-19-09 07:22 AM
    Yes it will work as mass storage and charge your phone at the same time
    02-19-09 09:53 AM
    Yes it will work as mass storage and charge your phone at the same time
    This is correct. In my wife's Ford Edge with the Sync system. I can plug in the Storm to usb, and have full access to my songs via voice command and still maintain full functionality of the phone (including the Sync's BT handsfree), all while charging the device!

The only problem is that 1 out of 3 times I disconnect the usb cable I have to do a battery pull because it locks up.
    02-19-09 10:32 AM
    This is correct. In my wife's Ford Edge with the Sync system. I can plug in the Storm to usb, and have full access to my songs via voice command and still maintain full functionality of the phone (including the Sync's BT handsfree), all while charging the device!

The only problem is that 1 out of 3 times I disconnect the usb cable I have to do a battery pull because it locks up.
    That is really good to know!
    02-19-09 10:42 AM
    Personally, I think the coolest thing is when you get a call while your Storm is on the docking station, if you answer it it goes straight to speaker so you dont have to pick it up!

I wonder if they will make an iTrip like device for the Storm.
    02-19-09 10:45 AM
    where can i get those wires??? and this will allow me to play music i have downloaded to my phone over my car stereo??
    02-19-09 11:27 AM
    Is there a way of setting my storm to mass storage or is it done automatically?
    02-19-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD