In reading the Storm PDF booklet, I see that it supports MPEG4 and WMV files. Unfortunately this means nothing to me.

I've purchased SoundTaxi for my iTunes, and have already converted my iTunes files to unprotected MP3 files, which I believe will work on the Storm. My plan is to save them to the SanDisk using the blackberry sync software. I shouldn't have any problem playing these files.

But I've got a ton of video files on the computer saved as AVIs, which are played with the Divx player in pretty darn good quality.

My question is, do I need to convert the AVIs, or will these play on the Storm? I'm sorry if the acronyms make this answer obvious, but like I said, they don't mean much to me.

Anyone have experience with SoundTaxi?

Thank you in advance.
    11-08-08 09:36 AM
    Movie and video files that are supported are H.263, MPEG4, H.264 and WMV.. sounds like you will have to convert your AVI files
    11-08-08 10:38 AM
    I think you would want to convert them to mp4 anyway just for size. You can get the same quality on, for instance an iphone, with a 300mb file as a 700mb file for puter. There are tons of free converter's, and depending on your computer, will convert them in 10min or less.
    11-08-08 10:58 AM
    so no DIVIX movies on the storm?

what is the best converter out there?
    Last edited by Stanfna; 11-08-08 at 11:39 AM.
    11-08-08 11:37 AM
    download a program called WinAvi, it will convert them to the appropriate format then use your BB desktop software to transfer the files
    11-08-08 11:43 AM
    also a program that may assist without registration (paying for it) is Ipod video converter from Videora, will convert for you.
    11-08-08 11:44 AM
    Win Avi will convert an average 700MB file in 15-20 mins, it will reduce the resolution and file size to work perfectly on your BB, Videora will take a little longer and is set up for an ipod so you will have to find the files in the directory your self.
    11-08-08 11:52 AM
    Thanks, guys. I'm converting to MPEG-4.
    Last edited by zach471; 11-08-08 at 03:29 PM.
    11-08-08 03:20 PM
    theres a program called super and its free

hands down best converting software out there...converts anything into anything
    11-08-08 03:29 PM
    SUPER video converter is the best out there. Requires a little bit more knowledge to use, but is by far the best. Ridiculous amount of settings and options that could be confusing to people who arent quite sure what they are doing.

I have been converting some files through super in preparation for the storm. What kinds of settings are you guys using? I was converting XviD files to MPEG-4 using 480x270 for widescreen (16:9) and 480x320 for fullscreen (4:3). I am probably going to use 4:3 just for the fact that it will fill more of the screen space. Did anyone mess with frames/second or anything? We probably wont be able to decide the best settings until we can actually test them on the phone unfortunately.
    11-08-08 03:46 PM
    What's the best converter for a MAC? Does SUPER work on a MAC? I have XP on my MAC also and could use it if needed but I'd prefer not to.
    11-08-08 05:45 PM
    I have had a Macbook Pro since last June and I havent found a program as good for the Mac as SUPER is on Windows. I bet if you do a google search you will find one that works for OS X that is almost as good as SUPER.
    11-08-08 08:25 PM
    Shooptek i have also been converting some XviD files to MPEG-4 and i used the same settings as you. Through trial and error ive found those to be the best settings (although i havent been using SUPER).. so i am wondering what is the compressed file size you get for a movie that starts out at around 700MB using SUPER?

EDIT: oh yeah and i am wondering if in any of your converted videos the sound does not match up with the video?
    Last edited by GOALbyRONALDO; 11-08-08 at 09:22 PM.
    11-08-08 09:19 PM
    I have had a Macbook Pro since last June and I havent found a program as good for the Mac as SUPER is on Windows. I bet if you do a google search you will find one that works for OS X that is almost as good as SUPER.
    That's not promising. I've looked and I've tried a few but none sound as good as SUPER. Oh well, I may have to break down and switch to XP when wanting to convert files.
    11-08-08 09:40 PM
    I have had a Macbook Pro since last June and I havent found a program as good for the Mac as SUPER is on Windows.
    Have you tried Quicktime Pro or Handbrake? '

They work
    11-14-08 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD