First of all, let me say how happy I am to be a Storm owner. I was very reluctant coming from an 8830, this being my first foray into the world of touch screens. Well let me tell you it's like night and day. Granted, I'm only 2 days into it... but this phone is simply awesome. The internet experience is mind blowing, I'm finding that I can type long emails as long as I'm in landscape mode and can use that querty. I absolutely love it.

Not being a fan of holsters, I had a foofpod pouch that I kept my 8830 in. I loved the thing... it kept the dust off, looked cool, and helped insulate the phone when it occasionally fell (it was originally for my Ipod, but discovered it worked great for my old phone). When I got the Storm, it surprised me how much smaller it was than the 8830. I recognized the foofpod was too big, but not having another case yet, I slipped it in there. Well, last night, I took it off my car seat, opened the door, and out it fell of the foodpod onto the pavement. Clang! Seeing it down there in two pieces (the battery cover came off).... Oh man, I was so upset. Luckily, just a minor dent or two on the front edges. I had a screen protector on, so at least that is still in pristine condition.

So, I need to get something that protects the Storm. I figured one of those Seido rubberized cases was the way to go (plus, it will cover the minor dents on the side that my Storm suffered in its fall). But here's my conundrum... I also want to get the desktop charging mount. It seems perfect for my nightstand, and I love the digital alarm clock look. I figure the Seido isn't something you want to remove and replace every day before you put it in the charger. So, what do you do if you want something that will protect the Storm in your pocket, but still enable you to use things like the desktop charger?

P.S. I'm now seeing it was somewhat short-sighted to pick the screen name "RedBerry8830"... Now what the eff am I supposed to do?
    Last edited by RedBerry8830; 03-20-09 at 09:58 PM.
    03-20-09 09:56 PM
    The silicone cases come off pretty easily, it just sucks to slide into your pocket cause it's rubbery.
    03-20-09 09:58 PM
    I hated the silicone cases. I ended up with a chrome looking two piece case. It just snaps in place and makes holstering easy. Want to dock it? Snap off the case.

BTW--Verizon has the two piece cases in stock in several colors, and the backplate even has a non-slip texture to it while still being easy to holster!
    03-20-09 10:02 PM
    try phantom skinz or ghost armor. i love mine. has been through a few drops and not one scratch. and it keeps the out of the box look and isnt bulky like the covers. its also thin enough to work with the dock
    03-20-09 10:06 PM
    While not as shiny as the RIM charging stand, Seidio is Selling their own stand that will accept the Innocase, It fits some rubberized cases as well.

Desktop Cradle
    03-21-09 04:16 AM
    A black silicon skin plus screen protector works for me. Protects everything fully, easy and no-nonsense to use and isn't bulky. Drop your Storm, no problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 04:22 AM
    I just happened to visit back at the Seidio site, and they are now offering has a desktop cradle designed to take your Storm either with or without a case. It works with their Innocases as well as the OEM Blackberry skin. I'm considering getting one myself. It's available for preorder at a discounted price, to ship 3/30.
    03-23-09 09:26 AM
    As two other posters have said. The Seidio Surface II case for the Storm works great and now they offer a cradle that will fit it as well.

I ordered the cradle..now I'm just waiting for it to get here
    03-23-09 09:29 AM
    Out of curiosity, has anyone successfully exchanged a Storm for scratches & dents, things of that nature? I guess I could take a hammer to the screen and say I dropped it and exchange it that way, but I'd rather not resort to that. Plus, on the off chance that they give me a hard time, it would be rather unfortunate to have a phone that has a smashed screen.
    03-26-09 09:26 AM
    I have the otter box case. Pretty heavy duty but its necessary for my job. ( I am a lacrosse coach and am cursed on a dusty field. )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD