I got a storm two weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with it. However, I have a minor gripe that I hope you guys can help me with.

Can I switch off the auto-capitalization, spell check, and all other such features for a specific application? I want to use midpSSH to work on my linux box. However, it's very frustrating to mess around with the automatic capitalization that is so useful on all other applications (that is to say, "ls" is a command, whereas "Ls" is not a command). Does anyone know a way to do this?

Also related, the suretype keyboard somehow got switched to a multitap mode (that is, you hit each button once or twice depending on what letter you want). For various reasons, I strongly prefer the original predictive text entry system, how can I change it back?

Sorry if these are n00b questions, if there's a guide or FAQ covering these topics please point me in the right direction.
    05-29-09 05:42 PM
    I don't think you can control the input methods for specific apps, but you can control them overall.

You can download the user guide from RIM here: 9530 User Guide
    05-29-09 05:52 PM
    I got a storm two weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with it. However, I have a minor gripe that I hope you guys can help me with.

Can I switch off the auto-capitalization, spell check, and all other such features for a specific application? I want to use midpSSH to work on my linux box. However, it's very frustrating to mess around with the automatic capitalization that is so useful on all other applications (that is to say, "ls" is a command, whereas "Ls" is not a command). Does anyone know a way to do this?

Also related, the suretype keyboard somehow got switched to a multitap mode (that is, you hit each button once or twice depending on what letter you want). For various reasons, I strongly prefer the original predictive text entry system, how can I change it back?

Sorry if these are n00b questions, if there's a guide or FAQ covering these topics please point me in the right direction.
    I don't think you can change auto-caps for a specific application, but usually, if the Storm makes an auto-correction or auto-caps you can just press backspace and it'll stay with the original way you wrote it.

And you can change the Portrait keyboard by going to options>screen/keyboard and switching the 'Portrait Keyboard' or something to 'SureType' =]
    05-29-09 05:53 PM
    Portrait keyboard is glitchy on .75. Seemingly random switches.

Possibly restricted 2 multitap as default. May not apply 2 u.

BTW u can use menu > enable suretype/multitap.
    05-29-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD