For some reason, my Storm went into a constant reboot cycle tonight and it won't stop. It shows the white screen with the clock, then it shuts off and starts again. I have pulled the battery several times, pulled the memory card and nothing helps. Went to the Verizon store and they didn't know what to do either, so they ordered a replacement for me. I only have Viigo, Weatherbug and Google Maps loaded and they have been installed for quite a while. I have 0.75 loaded and never tried any of the betas.
    I tried to connect it to DM and it won't even recognize the phone. I guess it is bricked. Is there anything I can do to restore it?
    03-02-09 08:05 PM
    You can restore it potentially by following the instructions here http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

however this will erase all information on the device, though sorry to say, that may be the case already.

What happened prior to this? Install/uninstall anything? make any changes to anything?
    03-02-09 08:13 PM
    Thanks, but I read somewhere that this did not work for the storm. I'll just wait for the replacement.

I did not install/uninstall anything. However, did notice today when I sync'd with LotusNotes on my PC that I got a password error and it did not sync. That's never happened before.

Thanks anyway.
    03-02-09 09:34 PM
    It will work on the storm. for some people it does, where as others are unlucky enough to have it not function. That is why it's considered a best bet, not a guarantee.

just trying to save some people some time, because there's an easier way to do it.
    03-03-09 12:40 AM
    Well, I got up the nerve to do this and it worked flawlessly. It only took about 3 minutes and about 15 to boot up. Things are back to normal; except for the 3rd party stuff.

thanks again
    03-03-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD