I just did the update to V 5.0 and my contacts list is cleared, nothing in it except global support. Anyone know how or if I can restore it? Is it hiding somewhere?
    11-07-09 07:04 PM
    Check your EMAIL you used to sign up on CrackBerry...
    11-07-09 07:05 PM
    You have to backup your contacts using blackberry desktop first, as well as calendar, favorites, and I think that's it. The purchased downloads were preserved. I was able to re-sync with outlook but then I had to delete & re-add stuff.
    11-07-09 07:18 PM
    That isn't what you wanted to here but it's not what I wanted to tell you. Welcome to life.
    11-07-09 07:22 PM
    I just did the update to V 5.0 and my contacts list is cleared, nothing in it except global support. Anyone know how or if I can restore it? Is it hiding somewhere?
    Hopefully you do back up your phone once and a while useing DM... if you have done this you can Just restore your Phone to a previous Back up... Everything will be replaced if you have the phone backed-up.. If you dont have your phone backed up.... you are SOL.....
    11-07-09 07:57 PM
    I AND my husband have the same problem: all of our contacts have disappeared. But I'm not sure exactly when it happened! I tried to restore the contacts using desktop manager, to no avail. At the Verizon store, they said some app is blocking our contacts from being accessed. I am deleting all new apps from one of the phones, but still no access to the contacts! Frustrating!
    11-16-09 09:11 PM
    yeah i agree i upgraded from with leaked softwear and lost everything but had global contacts i have learned to save to sim and back it up.
    11-18-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD