I used Backup Assistant on my old phone. On the VZW site I chose "print contacts." I pasted this list into excel, and it worked well. Column A has names, B has numbers, C has emails. If you can think of any steps I can take from here to get my contacts onto my new Storm, I'd much appreciate it. Maybe I can use the Blackberry desktop software. I just got the BB yesterday so I don't know what options are available, aside from the fact that I can't use Backup Assistant directly.
    12-10-08 07:10 AM
    Try and upload it to google...or see if you can export the contacts as a CSV (comma seperated value) file. Then you can upload the CSV to google and use google sync to bring your contacts down...
    12-10-08 07:17 AM
    if he has excel he would probably have outlook in which case he may be able to export from excel as a CSV and import directly into outlook then sync through his comp to his berry?
    12-10-08 07:23 AM
    Just go to a Verizon store and have them transfer the contacts from your old phone to your Storm. Much easier. And they should not charge you for it since you just bought a new phone, I never have been.
    12-10-08 07:28 AM
    Just go to a Verizon store and have them transfer the contacts from your old phone to your Storm. Much easier. And they should not charge you for it since you just bought a new phone, I never have been.

it may be much easier to do this however why not learn how to do things yourself so you don't have to rely on other people to do it...

I understand its simple but someday he may need to know how to do it himself..

and another thing I have seen some pretty crappy contact transfers from any cell phone company onto berrys were names are switched and numbers are wrong..

I just don't like having more headache then its worth when I can do those things myself.
    12-10-08 07:30 AM
    Managing Contacts in the Address Book–Using Excel� Help for BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, Bold, and Storm

You will need to "backup" the storm to get the proper format and then you can cut-and-paste the existing info.
    12-10-08 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD