How do I make my contact picture bigger. I assigned one for my son(A Monkey) and I could not make it out. It was about 2 centimeters big. The pic I used was pretty big. What am I missing. Tried the built in zoom and crop, that sucks.
    11-24-08 06:54 PM
    noone has found a solution yet to this that I know if I am assuming a fix or app will come out soon to make them bigger
    11-24-08 07:04 PM
    Yeah that is Def one of my gripes on this phone but it seems like someone will have a app out for it.
    11-24-08 07:23 PM
    I hate to say it.....Ok, that is the ONLY thing I like about the Iphone. Just want to see that pic without using the Hubble.
    11-24-08 07:58 PM
    Is there some way to find out from RIM/Verizon the recommended size for uploaded Contacts pictures?
    (Taking into account any plans they may have to increase the displayed size; it'd be silly to upload something that turns out to be slightly different than the target dimensions so the resizing looks bad.)

Does the Contacts app resize jpeg's when it imports them, or at display time? If the former, we might want to wait before supplying pics, if a change is coming soon.
    12-08-08 10:54 PM
    Is there some way to find out from RIM/Verizon the recommended size for uploaded Contacts pictures?
    (Taking into account any plans they may have to increase the displayed size; it'd be silly to upload something that turns out to be slightly different than the target dimensions so the resizing looks bad.)

Does the Contacts app resize jpeg's when it imports them, or at display time? If the former, we might want to wait before supplying pics, if a change is coming soon.
    In my own trial and error, the max size that it will take is 270w x 360h. Any larger and you get the crop box to crop back to 270x360.

Of course, the actual display during caller ID is a tiny thumbnail that's much smaller than 270x360.
    12-08-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD