Heres the scoop:
    I have a Storm 9530, OS v4.7.0.148 (just recently upgraded on 11/5) that was recently re-activated after over a year of not being in service. When re-activated it worked fine, until just recently. In the past two weeks or so, it has shut off and rebooted itself; not just once, but as many times as it would take for one to get frustrated (ie. at least 10 times) before turning on and staying one. I've tried every trick in the book--taking the battery out for extended periods of time, switching batteries, and not touching the phone once it does load completely. I took it into the store before I upgraded the OS (since it was doing this but not as bad) and they said to try to upgrade the OS. As of Saturday 11/19 it has done nothing but try to load/start and then reboots and wont stay on for more than 2 minutes if it does stay on. I'm running out of ideas to keep this phone working and looking for anybodys imput as to how to help solve this (besides the obvious of getting a different phone). Thanks!
    11-20-11 11:48 PM
    Heres the scoop:
    I have a Storm 9530, OS v4.7.0.148 (just recently upgraded on 11/5) that was recently re-activated after over a year of not being in service. When re-activated it worked fine, until just recently. In the past two weeks or so, it has shut off and rebooted itself; not just once, but as many times as it would take for one to get frustrated (ie. at least 10 times) before turning on and staying one. I've tried every trick in the book--taking the battery out for extended periods of time, switching batteries, and not touching the phone once it does load completely. I took it into the store before I upgraded the OS (since it was doing this but not as bad) and they said to try to upgrade the OS. As of Saturday 11/19 it has done nothing but try to load/start and then reboots and wont stay on for more than 2 minutes if it does stay on. I'm running out of ideas to keep this phone working and looking for anybodys imput as to how to help solve this (besides the obvious of getting a different phone). Thanks!
    A bit of a long shot... but perhaps upgrading to version 5 of the OS may solve the issue.

Also, check the contacts (both the battery and the posts). Clean them using a standard pencil easier. This will remove any oxidization without removing the gold plating. Also check to see that the cells battery contacts still have some �spring� to them and that they are not recessed preventing proper contact. A tell-tale sign will be a loose battery inside the battery bay�

Cheers!
    11-21-11 07:02 AM
    I would DEFINITELY update to one of the newer OS's that have been released.

You also may want to do a complete WIPE of the device. There are many posts on this site that should have directions on how to do a complete WIPE.
    11-21-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD