As storm doesnt comes with wifi, can i use my computer internet and browse with my blackberry?....mybe connect to the computer through bluetooth or cable........
    07-06-09 09:17 AM
    any1?..........
    07-06-09 10:16 AM
    I don't believe there is a 3rd party app for this. Mainly because if you had a computer with internet connection, most people would use that to surf web.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 10:22 AM
    Reverse Tethering...wierd!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've never heard of that being done, nor do I believe there would really be a way to do it.
    07-06-09 10:51 AM
    On my old winmo phone, I could do that. The samsung i760, would let you connect to the internet through your computer with its usb data cable.
    07-06-09 10:56 AM
    Windows mobile also can....but can storm do it?......
    07-06-09 11:48 AM
    it can't the company had made it to use the dam gprs or 3g via sim only (to access internet)
    Last edited by ibrahiem1993; 12-18-09 at 04:57 PM.
    12-18-09 04:54 PM
    Don't think you can, but I have to ask why? I mean if you're already at the computer with the nice speedy browser and the 22" screen, why would you want to surf on the Storm with the craptastic browser and 3.25" screen?
    12-18-09 05:08 PM
    To answer your question: No, the Blackberry OS isn�t designed to work in that matter. (Not without WiFi)

Some other phones/pda�s allow you to do this for instances of having connection issues, their setup to have access to outside resources to help fix the problem. (Connecting to another active network) Blackberry�s use a nifty program called �Desktop Manager� that provides tools to rectify these types of issues, so their was no need to include that type of code in the software to handle something that.

The less code to work with in an OS the better.. Be happy, its just one less thing to complain about when its not working later down the line :-D
    12-18-09 11:30 PM
    I hate to bring up an old thread but I have a desire to do the same thing. I am hoping that maybe it has changed with the newer phones since I have a tour.

I know you are all wondering why. My reason is because right now I am in Iraq and the WIFI that they have here had megabyte limitations. The laptops are data hogs and the mobile browser isnt. That is one reason and the other is that i dont have a data cable out here so i cannot add new programs to my phone because the cell doesnt work and I cant connect to DM except with bluetooth, so I cant get games or anything.

I want to be able to browse the internet and do email with my blackberry but use the WIFI connection that my laptop has.

Any suggestions...anything changed or been figured out in this department?

Thanks

***EDIT*** My bad...I just saw that the last post was on the 19th...Im guessing nothing has changed since then.
    Last edited by usmc_jd; 12-26-09 at 04:08 AM.
    12-26-09 04:05 AM
    Find out what tether berry was renamed as. If I'm reading this correctly and its early for me. Then you want to sit at a pc and access net using the BB as a modem.
    I beta tested tether berry. Well worth the money to buy thee app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD