we all know the storm has its ups and downs
    its a new phone. at least verizon and RIM is working things out with us to make this a better phone. when you call verizon and tell them you need another one do to the clicking problem they dont say "no you cant have one". RIM didnt say "you will have to wait at least a month for a new OS to come on"

come on, lets try and work out the best of this phone and stop complaining.
    12-08-08 02:13 PM
    its a new phone. at least verizon and RIM is working things out with us to make this a better phone. when you call verizon and tell them you need another one do to the clicking problem they dont say "no you cant have one". RIM didnt say "you will have to wait at least a month for a new OS to come on"

How quickly people forget how many problems the iPhone had when it was released.
    12-08-08 02:16 PM
    How quickly people forget how many problems the iPhone had when it was released.
    right. now every single phone thats touch screen is in a "battle" i guess you can call it.

i remember people iphones CRASHING! not just rebooting, the whole phone will just shut down and not turn back on ever.
    12-08-08 02:23 PM
    I find there is WAY more good than bad from my experience so far. Keeping mine without a doubt. Love the phone!
    12-08-08 02:24 PM
    I find there is WAY more good than bad from my experience so far. Keeping mine without a doubt. Love the phone!
    im getting mine wed. so i cant say a lot of about it.

i mean, its a little lag. i mean the screen click problem can be fixed just by calling them and tell them you want another one.
    12-08-08 02:30 PM
    I have had the phone since Saturday, have loaded an updated OS, even transferred my data over from my old Curve, and have to say I love the Storm thus far.

Yeah, I see the bugs still in the OS. I mean my Curve had bugs up till the time I switched to the Storm. We live an inpatient world. I want the bugs fixed, but as long as RIM continues to come out with upgraded OS I am a happy camper!!
    12-08-08 02:35 PM
    I have had the phone since Saturday, have loaded an updated OS, even transferred my data over from my old Curve, and have to say I love the Storm thus far.

Yeah, I see the bugs still in the OS. I mean my Curve had bugs up till the time I switched to the Storm. We live an inpatient world. I want the bugs fixed, but as long as RIM continues to come out with upgraded OS I am a happy camper!!
    thats soooo true
    12-08-08 02:44 PM

First off, no matter if its a Blackberry Storm, enV, Voyager, Curve or whatever, if you have a problem, VZ will replace it so as long its within 1 year but will provide a refurbished phone and a new one if its within 30 days.

Secondly, the clicking, dead pixels, etc. is not a OS problem. Its a hardware problem.

Thirdly, if they want to fix, they would need to fix hardware problems such as the clicking and the gap in the screen which causes dust to enter. Obviously, if its OS problems such as lag and slow downs, a future release will solve that problem just like a PC update. So regardless, people will vent and complain. Not everyone will have the same satisfaction. One person will be satisfied and another will not be. No matter what RIM or VZ does, not everyone will be happy or satisfied.

And the point of this bandwidth wasting thread is because....
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-08-08 at 02:48 PM.
    12-08-08 02:45 PM
    Well I can't wait to get my storm.
    Even if there is a problem I don't think I will complain for a week lol!
    12-08-08 02:46 PM
    First off, no matter if its a Blackberry Storm, enV, Voyager, Curve or whatever, if you have a problem, VZ will replace it so as long its within 1 year but will provide a refurbished phone and a new one if its within 30 days.

Secondly, the clicking, dead pixels, etc. is not a OS problem. Its a hardware problem.

Thirdly, if they want to fix, they would need to fix hardware problems such as the clicking and the gap in the screen which causes dust to enter. Obviously, if its OS problems such as lag and slow downs, a future release will solve that problem just like a PC update. So regardless, people will vent and complain. Not everyone will have the same satisfaction. One person will be satisfied and another will not be. No matter what RIM or VZ does, not everyone will be happy or satisfied.

And the point of this bandwidth wasting thread is because....
    ok but i didnt say they wouldnt do it to other phones... what i said was they didnt tell anyone they couldnt get another storm because of the clicking problem. please read or ask for clarification before saying dumb **** like this.
    12-08-08 02:49 PM
    Well I can't wait to get my storm.
    Even if there is a problem I don't think I will complain for a week lol!
    i mean only phone i ever traded in was my voyager and thats because i noticed i wanted a blackberry at the last min.
    12-08-08 02:50 PM
    ok but i didnt say they wouldnt do it to other phones... what i said was they didnt tell anyone they couldnt get another storm because of the clicking problem. please read or ask for clarification before saying dumb **** like this.
    If they said they couldnt get another storm because of clicking problem, that would be considered a recall. Obviously, the clicking is not a widespread problem and not all of the phones shows this symptom. Its only selected phones. ****, some of the reps never even heard of clicking problems. They dont have someone sitting at a table clicking each and every Storm to see if it works properly.

Tell us something we dont know. Obviously, if you read the forum, you would know that VZ is sending replacements for those who called and released a new OS to fix the lag and some other problems...but not all. So VZ and RIM are aware of the problems.

By telling us to stop complaining wont do any good, people will complain. Again, tell us something we dont know.
    12-08-08 03:00 PM
    If they said they couldnt get another storm because of clicking problem, that would be considered a recall. Obviously, the clicking is not a widespread problem and not all of the phones shows this symptom. Its only selected phones. ****, some of the reps never even heard of clicking problems. They dont have someone sitting at a table clicking each and every Storm to see if it works properly.

Tell us something we dont know. Obviously, if you read the forum, you would know that VZ is sending replacements for those who called and released a new OS to fix the lag and some other problems...but not all. So VZ and RIM are aware of the problems.

By telling us to stop complaining wont do any good, people will complain. Again, tell us something we dont know.
    ok....ok, i see your not getting it.
    THEY STILL SENT YOU A DAMN NEW PHONE IF ITS BROKEN!
    i dont know how much more clearer i can be.

i understand i cant stop everyone from complaining. thats their right. im just trying to express my voice in the topic. so if you dont like what i have to say you have the right also to leave.....
    12-08-08 03:05 PM
    ok....ok, i see your not getting it.
    THEY STILL SENT YOU A DAMN NEW PHONE IF ITS BROKEN!
    i dont know how much more clearer i can be.

i understand i cant stop everyone from complaining. thats their right. im just trying to express my voice in the topic. so if you dont like what i have to say you have the right also to leave.....
    It seems you dont get the idea or how business works.. If they want customers whether new or repeat, they will do as much as possible to keep them happy.

As for sending a new phone if its broken...its their policy. Let me copy and paste text from a PDF..

"Subscribers with an eligible handset experiencing an electronic malfunction or manufacturer defect during the allotted Defective on Arrival ("DOA") time period (the handset fails within the first 30 days of date of purchase) may receive a new handset in exchange for the defective handset.

After the initial 30-day DOA time period has expired, Verizon Wireless will assist the subscriber with the manufacturer's warranty process. However, if the equipment is defective after the initial 30-day return period, but before expiration of the manufacturer's one-year warranty, the subscriber may, in Verizon Wireless' sole discretion, receive a refurbished Field Replacement Unit (FRU) in exchange for the defective unit at no charge."

So again, regardless if its a Storm, Voyager, Curve, enV, its in VZ's policy to replace the phone. Considering dust and clicking is a manufacture defect, its covered and they can not deny you a replacement. Had it been a water damage or physical damage that you inflicted on it and you dont have a protection plan, than you're SOL. Like I said, tell us something we dont know already. There is threads of people stating they are getting replacements...so VZ is sending out replacements.
    12-08-08 03:11 PM
    [QUOTE=y2bandit;1136461]

As for sending a new phone if its broken...its their policy. /QUOTE]

ok...its right there. if they send out new ones, verizon is trying. they not gone send out a new broke one again. they are going to send you a new working one. that means they are making it BETTER. you trying to go all outside the box when the subject is simple and down to earth.
    12-08-08 03:14 PM
    [QUOTE=denire;1136483]

As for sending a new phone if its broken...its their policy. /QUOTE]

ok...its right there. if they send out new ones, verizon is trying. they not gone send out a new broke one again. they are going to send you a new working one. that means they are making it BETTER. you trying to go all outside the box when the subject is simple and down to earth.
    Have you not read the replacement threads or ever experienced a replacement? Yea, they send you a working one but will it be perfect? No, it may have a different problem or the same. People will keep calling for replacements until they are satisfied.

I've gone through 3 Voyagers. Even the 3rd one had problems but not as bad as the first 2. Eventually, I said forget it because the 4th would probably be just as bad or worse. I'm already getting my replacement tomorrow. I have dust under my screen and dont have the clicking problem. So just because they are sending a replacement, it doesnt mean its a keeper. I could be sending it back if there is any problems. Some users is up to their 4th replacement.

VZ doesnt make the phone BETTER, all they are doing is sending replacements. RIM is the one that improves the OS and the phone. Considering the phone is new, the only improvement is a new plate that doesnt seem to fix the clicking and a new OS that still has bugs but is a big improvement. Any phones that are sent back to VZ, VZ sends to RIM to repair. These are then used for refurbs. So there is no BETTER if all they're doing is sending out a phone that can have the same problem if not worse.

It would be better if the clicking problem was resolved, a better gasket was installed to prevent dust. Until that is solved with new hardware (besides the OS), people will just constantly have to send it in until they get the perfect one.
    12-08-08 03:26 PM
    [QUOTE=y2bandit;1136569]
    Have you not read the replacement threads or ever experienced a replacement? Yea, they send you a working one but will it be perfect? No, it may have a different problem or the same. People will keep calling for replacements until they are satisfied.

I've gone through 3 Voyagers. Even the 3rd one had problems but not as bad as the first 2. Eventually, I said forget it because the 4th would probably be just as bad or worse. I'm already getting my replacement tomorrow. I have dust under my screen and dont have the clicking problem. So just because they are sending a replacement, it doesnt mean its a keeper. I could be sending it back if there is any problems. Some users is up to their 4th replacement.

VZ doesnt make the phone BETTER, all they are doing is sending replacements. RIM is the one that improves the OS and the phone. Considering the phone is new, the only improvement is a new plate that doesnt seem to fix the clicking and a new OS that still has bugs but is a big improvement. Any phones that are sent back to VZ, VZ sends to RIM to repair. These are then used for refurbs. So there is no BETTER if all they're doing is sending out a phone that can have the same problem if not worse.

It would be better if the clicking problem was resolved, a better gasket was installed to prevent dust. Until that is solved with new hardware (besides the OS), people will just constantly have to send it in until they get the perfect one.
    i still dont know wat part of "they are trying" dont you understand
    just leave..
    12-08-08 03:33 PM
    and maybe the reason you kept returning the voyager is the software. thats the reason i keep taking mine back.
    im talking about the hardware tho

the OS is the software which they are trying to fix for us also.

why wont people face the fact that verizon and RIM is trying to make this phone better
    12-08-08 03:35 PM
    [QUOTE=denire;1136618]
    i still dont know wat part of "they are trying" dont you understand
    just leave..
    HAHA. No point in talking to you. No one said they werent trying. You were saying that the replacement they send are better. And again, VZ isnt the one repairing the phone. So the only trying they do on their part is sending you the phone that RIM provides to VZ as soon as possible.

Well you have fun with your Storm. And when you have clicking or dust problems or button falling off (which you'll have one or the other), you can think that you're getting a "better" phone. Like I said, yea, it will work but will probably have problems until all the kinks are worked out which will take some time. Like I said, I have a replacement coming because I have dust under my screen. My new replacement wont have dust and will work...but can have a different problem such as clicking or in a week or a month, it will have dust again. Why? Cuz it was never improved with a new hardware revision and they send what is currently available.

I commend VZ and RIM on solving and fixing the problem but by no means is what they are sending going to be better. It will probably be better than what you originally had but will be susceptible to problems just like any other phone. So you may think that just because they are sending a replacement that it will be better...but speaking from experience, its not always always like that.

So this "better" concept or improvement on hardware wont happen until they release a new revision of the hardware. For now, they will send phones that will have the clicking and gap issues that has already been manufactured until the can fix these issues.

So if you dont like what I have to say or my opinion, dont respond.
    12-08-08 03:46 PM
    and maybe the reason you kept returning the voyager is the software. thats the reason i keep taking mine back.
    im talking about the hardware tho

the OS is the software which they are trying to fix for us also.

why wont people face the fact that verizon and RIM is trying to make this phone better
    So how does my Voyager constantly not read my memory card do with software? Or me having dead/stuck pixels. Last time I remembered, both were hardware issues. the 3rd Voyager I have now, has stuck pixels on the screen but not as noticeable. If it was the software being slow, freezing, errors, than yea, thats software.

If it was software, I would of requested them to update it obviously.

Clicking problem is not software. Its hardware. Same goes for the gap that allows dust. There is a difference between hardware and software (which you know). Again, no one said they arent trying. What you implied was that the replacement they sent is "BETTER". What I'm trying to say is that its not always "BETTER". From what we know, there is no improvement real improvement in hardware. The only improvement in hardware was the plate for the clicking but even that had problems. And obviously there is a new OS from .65 to .75

You assumed that no one thinks VZ and RIM isnt trying to make the phone better. Obviously they are with the OS update and plate change. When you ASSUME you make and @$$ out of you, not me. Just like you assumed I had software issues.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-08-08 at 03:54 PM.
    12-08-08 03:51 PM
    storm is sweet
    12-08-08 03:53 PM
    Face it, all "Smartphones" or anything close to it will have issues. Voyager had issues but software upgrade fixed alot of them. Same with the Storm. They are trying but don't forget, they have to meet customer demands with trying to produce all these Storms and also they have to upload software to it. Once they have time, they will work on the Storm.

There is no such thing "smartphone" without any issues on the first release. They can do all the testing they want but give it to customers and issues with show up more then when the phone was in the testing phase. There will be upgrades to fix as much as they can.

As for the iPhone, I saw like 4 out of 5 getting "bricked".
    12-08-08 03:57 PM
    People have to remember, any initial software release, especially software thats as intricate as a touchscreen phone, will have issues.

No matter how much time a company spends in working out the kinks, when all of a sudden hundreds of thousands of people pick up the phone, they'll always find bugs.

I think RIM and Verizon's response in issuing updates has been efficient. I'm sure they looked at the iPhone's launch and planned accordingly.

I will agree though, hardware issues are pretty inexcusable.
    12-08-08 04:04 PM
    right. now every single phone thats touch screen is in a "battle" i guess you can call it.

i remember people iphones CRASHING! not just rebooting, the whole phone will just shut down and not turn back on ever.
    Hey, at least the screen works 100% of the time without paper near the battery.

P.S. This is a joke.
    12-08-08 04:07 PM
    Hey, it's a free-speech forum.

I love the phone,it arrived fast, works great, and I think Verizon and RIM are doing a great job.

But if someone has a different experience? Let 'er rip! I like hearing from all the owners, the happy and the ticked-off.

I will say, though, that the ticked-off are way more entertaining.
    12-08-08 04:10 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD