Need some advice... Comcast sent me an email saying ESPN360 is on its way later this summer free for high speed internet customers. Cool! So I hit a link to learn more. Got redirected to another page saying I need to upgrade my browser to either Windows or Firefox. In the small print they basically say if you have any problems with Firefox don't call us.

Kind of feel like they have me at the edge of a cliff telling me to jump. Something just doesn't seem right. They're smart enough to know I have a BB but Saturday sent me a spam on a hot new iphone app.

Now to the folks I actually trust.. Would you change your browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 09:40 AM
    I woulldn't think you'd have to change anything. Not sure why you'd be getting an error like this.

I, too, have Comcast and received the same notification in my email that you're referring to. When I select the "Learn More" button in the email it launched my BB browser and displayed the webpage with no issues.
    07-23-09 09:54 AM
    Tried it twice more and keep getting the same notice. When I first open their emails none of the graphics show up so I have to use the click here if you can't read this link. Do you get the same?

07-23-09 10:11 AM
    Tried it twice more and keep getting the same notice. When I first open their emails none of the graphics show up so I have to use the click here if you can't read this link. Do you get the same?

No, I never have to use the "Having trouble viewing this message -click here" link. I use the "get images" option off the BB menu in order to get messages of this type to display fully. This is true for all emails I receive that contain images.

Once the images are displayed you should then see the blue "Learn More" button and it should direct you to the page through your browser.
    07-23-09 10:25 AM
    Show images works like a charm but still got redirected and when I hit the back key the same page keeps reloading. There's also a No Thanks that pushes me to the Comcast homepage.

Guess I'm stuck with crappy service from Comcast.

Thanks for your help and **** no I'm not changing my browser for these goofballs.

07-23-09 10:59 AM
    Need some advice... Comcast sent me an email saying ESPN360 is on its way later this summer free for high speed internet customers. Cool! So I hit a link to learn more. Got redirected to another page saying I need to upgrade my browser to either Windows or Firefox. In the small print they basically say if you have any problems with Firefox don't call us.

Kind of feel like they have me at the edge of a cliff telling me to jump. Something just doesn't seem right. They're smart enough to know I have a BB but Saturday sent me a spam on a hot new iphone app.

Now to the folks I actually trust.. Would you change your browser?

Are you sure they aren't referring to being able to access ESPN360 over your home network? I would assume this is the case. I don't even think that the blackberry browser supports ESPN360.

How are they smart enough to know you have a blackberry? Did the email say anything that was specific to blackberry? I'm a little lost here.
    07-23-09 11:04 AM
    Are you sure they aren't referring to being able to access ESPN360 over your home network? I would assume this is the case. I don't even think that the blackberry browser supports ESPN360.

How are they smart enough to know you have a blackberry? Did the email say anything that was specific to blackberry? I'm a little lost here.
    The email was only a notification that ESPN360 will be available on Comcast next month. In essence that's exactly what the email was referring to - being able to access the service from home.

The OP was having issues accessing the link provided in the email to learn more about the offering from Comcast, not the service itself.
    07-23-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD