i wanted to know is there any way of combining the 1g built in memory with the flash on the phone so it will run a lot better and the memory like wouldn't matter and not have to worry about pouting to many apps on the phone dose anyone know if that is possible because i know its all in the same chip ?????
    02-20-09 12:30 PM
    i wanted to know is there any way of combining the 1g built in memory with the flash on the phone so it will run a lot better and the memory like wouldn't matter and not have to worry about pouting to many apps on the phone dose anyone know if that is possible because i know its all in the same chip ?????
    It's all the same memory. Some is allocated to the OS and the rest is for apps and media.

Welcome to CB.
    02-20-09 12:35 PM
    i know that but is there any way of having the memory like the ipone it has everything as one which would make the phone so much better and faster and the memory leak wouldn't matter its just the way they set it up makes no sens and its just a wast of memory
    02-20-09 12:37 PM
    I'm not understanding your question. Maybe someone else can help you.
    02-20-09 12:39 PM
    I think what he wants to do is combine the 1gb on onboard storage with the 192mb of RAM.

The issue being that the 1gb of storage is very, very different from the RAM, and is incredibly slow in comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if the phone makes a swap file using the on-board storage when it runs out of physical RAM, which would explain the sluggishness when you run low.

Long story short, it wouldn't work as you expect it to, and putting 1gb of RAM on a phone would be prohibitively expensive.
    02-20-09 12:44 PM
    I think what he wants to do is combine the 1gb on onboard storage with the 192mb of RAM.

The issue being that the 1gb of storage is very, very different from the RAM, and is incredibly slow in comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if the phone makes a swap file using the on-board storage when it runs out of physical RAM, which would explain the sluggishness when you run low.

Long story short, it wouldn't work as you expect it to, and putting 1gb of RAM on a phone would be prohibitively expensive.
    192? if im correct i thought the storm has 128mb of RAM?
    02-20-09 12:47 PM
    I would just be happy if we could save apps to the SD card like I could on my old WinMo phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 01:19 PM
    I would just be happy if we could save apps to the SD card like I could on my old WinMo phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Check out Aerize Card Loader. I too miss that feature...the only thing I miss from WM.
    02-20-09 01:21 PM
    The answer to the OP's question is no. We don't know why either, my personal bit of speculation is that it's for legacy app support.

There is an app that lets you store the JAD file on a memory card, but if you want to actually use it, it still has to be installed in that 128MB space.

Edit: What BlackBerryBob said about the card loading app.
    02-20-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD