Think what ya will, but statistics don't lie! I said in this market, so it's totally accurate. I can gaurantee you there are more blackberries around than Iphones, and that just as many people for a cellphone know what a blackberry is that know what an Iphone is.

Globally? Maybe not as big a name, but could be debated.

Cellphone wise? Bet your bottom dollar RIM vs Iphone for brand recognition it'll be close to the same percentage.
    You have to see the big picture Rim is a Blackberry Smartphone maker. Apple is a computer and ipod maker. They also jumped into the Smartphone Market. Obviously Apple is a bigger company in the respects of what they offer as their product line. But when it comes to smartphones Rim is up there at the top. The iphone will never be able to top the iphone I am sorry. Whats next for Apple in regards to the iphone bigger memory? They only have so far to go before they have to start thinking outside the box when it comes to smartphones. Whats next for Rim the BB STORM, Javelin, Bold, Kickstart.
    10-12-08 09:47 AM
    For my money it aint gonna be too shabby sittin next to an iphone. The BB Storm is pro. The Iphone is fun; gotta give props to the Iphone because it did make everyone else get busy..........
    S1
    10-12-08 10:47 AM
    who cares if it outsells the iphone? i just want one for me! lol

anyway personally i think it'll end up being a device thats not only good for trendy users but also professional users which is something the iphone can't really say. everyone i know who has an iphone 3g and uses it for work or school related things complains about it all the time. especially when it comes to their email

now, the storm probably won't outsell it, but it'll fly out of the verizon stores i'm sure. and at&t, well they can be sure at least one of their customers is going to get it
    Last edited by JaeBaby; 10-12-08 at 10:57 AM.
    10-12-08 10:55 AM
    who cares if it outsells the iphone? i just want one for me! lol

anyway personally i think it'll end up being a device thats not only good for trendy users but also professional users which is something the iphone can't really say. everyone i know who has an iphone 3g and uses it for work or school related things complains about it all the time.

now, the storm probably won't outsell it, but it'll fly out of the verizon stores i'm sure. and at&t, well they can be sure at least one of their customers is going to get it
    How about this one a professional trendy user.............
    U are right who goves a flyin flip if the Storm out sells the Iphone.
    We won't see a dime of it anyway.
    10-12-08 10:59 AM
    How about this one a professional trendy user.............
    U are right who goves a flyin flip if the Storm out sells the Iphone.
    We won't see a dime of it anyway.
    A professional trendy user hmm i like that title because it perfectly describes me

in that pic it looks it better than the iphone if i may say so. so sleek.
    10-12-08 11:08 AM
    Ok u can use that handle; but hey remember if it shows up on one of those review sites just remember where it came from. The phone is tiiight!
    10-12-08 11:22 AM
    Here is a link for a slide by side slide show comparing Iphone to the Storm
    Enjoy..........................................

Smartphone showdown: iPhone vs. BlackBerry Storm - Network World

10-12-08 11:58 AM
    I'm coming back to the BB world. I am giving my iPhone to my wife - :P
    10-12-08 12:52 PM
    Think what ya will, but statistics don't lie! I said in this market, so it's totally accurate. I can gaurantee you there are more blackberries around than Iphones, and that just as many people for a cellphone know what a blackberry is that know what an Iphone is.

Globally? Maybe not as big a name, but could be debated.

Cellphone wise? Bet your bottom dollar RIM vs Iphone for brand recognition it'll be close to the same percentage.
    Apple's brand is bigger than RIM's, they make more products that people know, RIM only makes the blackberry, while Apple is known for the iphone, ipods, their computers, their operating system, the only thing RIM is known for is blackberries. I mean most consumers don't even know about RIM the company behind the blackberry but they probably know what Apple is. Apple products from the iphone to ipods are constantly rated at the top for brand recognition worldwide, just recently in the UK the ipod and iphones were named the top gadget and also the strongest brand, the iphone was named a higher brand then even the Apple brand as a whole. You know you have strong brands when people are willing to line up days before hand for your products and even 1 week after a product launch there are still lines, I mean even their store openings get people lining up all over the world for days beforehand.

Look at how many people showed up for one of their openings, it's just crazy and many had been in line for days:

Image:Apple Store Boylston Street Opening Day Crowd.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Adjei; 10-13-08 at 04:47 PM.
    10-13-08 09:20 AM
    You have to see the big picture Rim is a Blackberry Smartphone maker. Apple is a computer and ipod maker. They also jumped into the Smartphone Market. Obviously Apple is a bigger company in the respects of what they offer as their product line. But when it comes to smartphones Rim is up there at the top. The iphone will never be able to top the iphone I am sorry. Whats next for Apple in regards to the iphone bigger memory? They only have so far to go before they have to start thinking outside the box when it comes to smartphones. Whats next for Rim the BB STORM, Javelin, Bold, Kickstart.
    Dude you must be joking, Apple in a year has being able to make the general population pay attention to smartphones than most of the other manufacturers who have being in the game all this time. Funny how when the iphone was released most of these blackberry users were saying touchscreen devices were useless and that a real keyboard is what is needed for real smartphones but now it's these same users who are going all wild for the storm. If Apple hadn't brang out the iphone, I doubt you would be seeing the storm this early. Juding from what Apple has done in terms of the ipods, and mac computers they have a lot more to give and with how highly consumers rate Apple products, they are here to stay whether you like it or not.
    10-13-08 09:26 AM
    For my money it aint gonna be too shabby sittin next to an iphone. The BB Storm is pro. The Iphone is fun; gotta give props to the Iphone because it did make everyone else get busy..........
    S1
    Blackberry storm is a pro in terms of what, please.
    10-13-08 09:27 AM
    Blackberry storm is a pro in terms of what, please.
    Pro in terms of corporations, IT depts. Think BES....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 10:33 AM
    God this argument is so stupid. The storm is no iphone!! No sh*t. Its a blackberry.

10-13-08 10:40 AM
    God this argument is so stupid. The storm is no iphone!! No sh*t. Its a blackberry.

You are right..2 different species. Didn't mean to add fuel to fire.

10-13-08 10:47 AM
    I just got the BB Storm. One thing that bothers me sofar is the clicking on the screen. Why Verizon thinks it a cool idea is beyond me. This just slow me down. I hope they will change the os to allow just tapping on the screen. When you press to create the click, more of your finger surface touches the screen therefore more error prone. Anyway, I'm stuck with the plan for 2 yrs. That's what they want anyway. Hope the SDK comes out soon.
    12-18-08 04:21 PM
    AAAAHHHHH It's the forum necromancer bringing old threads back from the dead!!!!
    12-18-08 04:46 PM
    Why necro this ****???
    12-18-08 04:47 PM
    Actually, I get far less error with the clicking screen because I tap it first and it highlights the area that I touch. I make sure that's the area I want and then I push. I make far far less errors on the storm then on my friends iphone that seems like a gamble everytime I push it.
    12-18-08 04:51 PM
    Why necro this ****???

Your guess is as good as mine!
    12-18-08 04:58 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD