How do you do this on the 9500?

Only just bought it so if somone does me a step-by-step, that would be swell
    04-09-09 07:31 AM
    Use your menu key, scroll to the bottom where is says close/exit. Select that option and the progra you were using closes.

You will however have some programs that run all the time. Your BB uses these programs in the background and you will not be able to close them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:38 AM
    What you've post is really simple to follow but I swear I'm not getting the close/exit option. When I press the menu key and scroll down, I get:

manage connections - options - lock - power off

If I press the menu again, the last option is switch applications. I've tried in the past to close the apps from 'switch applications' because there were only 4 app options. That didnt work because when i reopened the 'swtich applications' there were another 4 there lol
    04-09-09 07:47 AM
    What you've post is really simple to follow but I swear I'm not getting the close/exit option. When I press the menu key and scroll down, I get:

manage connections - options - lock - power off

If I press the menu again, the last option is switch applications. I've tried in the past to close the apps from 'switch applications' because there were only 4 app options. That didnt work because when i reopened the 'swtich applications' there were another 4 there lol
    There will always be five open all the time

browser, phone, homescreen, messages, blackberry messenger you cannot close these.
    04-09-09 07:49 AM
    Which apps can you not close?

There will always be 4 or 5 apps running in the background that you can not close.

Your messages, phone, home screen, etc. will not close. Your BB keeps these running at all times. You can try to close them, but they will always be there, running in the background.
    04-09-09 07:55 AM
    Oh right, I'm with you. Cheers people.
    04-09-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD