Hi, I need your opinion. My NE2 is coming up next month. I have a Storm and was wondering should I use my upgrade to get a Storm 2 or should I wait for the Storm 3?

Do you guys know how long the NE2 discount lasts?

Also, if I buy the Storm 2 from someone else and activate it on my account, does that whip out my NE2 and it make it unusable?

Thanks
    04-29-10 07:35 PM
    No one knows about the S3 that much.
    I would just purchase a S2 straight from Verizon or you could also look at the new Bold 9650 that's coming soon.
    04-29-10 07:37 PM
    HTC Incredible.

My .02
    04-29-10 10:55 PM
    I am in the same boat here too. Can't make a decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 12:09 PM
    storm 2 or storm 3. Hmmm, I say

None of the above!!
    04-30-10 12:12 PM
    in same boatttt

s3 come out nowwwwwwwwwwww
    04-30-10 12:22 PM
    If you like th storm, wait for the s3, otherwise get something else

04-30-10 01:18 PM
    Hi, I need your opinion. My NE2 is coming up next month. I have a Storm and was wondering should I use my upgrade to get a Storm 2 or should I wait for the Storm 3?

Also, if I buy the Storm 2 from someone else and activate it on my account, does that whip out my NE2 and it make it unusable?

Thanks
    Q: should I use my upgrade to get a Storm 2 or should I wait for the Storm 3?
    A: Definitively wait

Q: Do you guys know how long the NE2 discount lasts?
    A: Until you sign a new contract

Q: Also, if I buy the Storm 2 from someone else and activate it on my account, does that wipe out my NE2 and it make it unusable?
    A: No...this is what I suggest you do. Then when the new phones roll out in December...you can upgrade to the latest and greatest with the NE2 prices
    04-30-10 01:26 PM
    What is a NE2? Is it to convince you to renew before your contract is finished? In that case check to see if the discount grows over time.

04-30-10 01:26 PM
    If I was you, I would keep the NE2 available and buy a S2 from private party like in the marketplace or something. You will spend $200 in the store with a $100 mail in rebate and hit $100 overall. You can get a S2 off eBay or Marketplace for $220-$250 easily and sell your S1 for $100-$130 depending and end up about the same. It wont wipe out your NE2 either. That way you can either have your NE2 available for a the Bold in May, the Incredible, a S3 if it comes out, etc. But thats just my $.02.
    04-30-10 01:28 PM
    What is a NE2? Is it to convince you to renew before your contract is finished? In that case check to see if the discount grows over time.

New Every 2 (years) and its usually $50 unless you have a business account then sometimes it $75-$100.
    04-30-10 01:30 PM
    If you like th storm, wait for the s3, otherwise get something else

Do yourself a favor and give the blackberry a break. Even with the so called new OS6 rims still looks to be far behind everyone else in the business. Iphone looks to be out end of this summer or next Feb. The htc incredible is the sweetest thing to date I have seen and the s3 is no where in site......

04-30-10 01:31 PM
    Q: should I use my upgrade to get a Storm 2 or should I wait for the Storm 3?
    A: Definitively wait

Q: Do you guys know how long the NE2 discount lasts?
    A: Until you sign a new contract

Q: Also, if I buy the Storm 2 from someone else and activate it on my account, does that wipe out my NE2 and it make it unusable?
    A: No...this is what I suggest you do. Then when the new phones roll out in December...you can upgrade to the latest and greatest with the NE2 prices
    Thank you all for your opinions! Thanks Redbank, I might do what you suggest.

I don't want to leave blackberry, even though I do want to try an android phone. But I don't want to leave and then feel disappointed later on. So no Droid Incredible for me... well maybe. Leaning more towards staying with blackberry (touchscreen).
    04-30-10 02:06 PM
    I thought the same, but unless you are 100% dependent on immediate email, the Android phone is a VERY good choice in my opinion. Ive used the HTC Eris as well as the Moto Droid, and both were great phones. If my work would utilized android OS, I would definitely be using one of those. Great phones. But like said, If you are sticking with the BB world, Id buy outright and keep the NE2 available, as you will end up about even in the end.
    04-30-10 02:14 PM
    Same boat here, I can upgrade in July. I'm going to wait so I loaded .591 and the 643 hybrid which runs better than my buddies S2.

So in my opinion load up a hybrid and wait it out.
    04-30-10 02:19 PM
    dont use your NE2 on a storm 2, find one on ebay for 200-300 and then sell it and get the storm 3 with NE 2
    04-30-10 03:06 PM
    I thought the same, but unless you are 100% dependent on immediate email, the Android phone is a VERY good choice in my opinion. Ive used the HTC Eris as well as the Moto Droid, and both were great phones. If my work would utilized android OS, I would definitely be using one of those. Great phones. But like said, If you are sticking with the BB world, Id buy outright and keep the NE2 available, as you will end up about even in the end.
    The phone that made me want an android phone was the Nexus One. Since, its not coming to Verizon any more, I'm like forget it.

I use my phone as mostly an email checker. I don't go on the web that much on it, unless I find myself wondering about something I need an immediate answer to and I don't have my laptop with me. Also, not an app type of person, cuz usually after I download something I use it for a few then forget about it.

So in the end I'm going to look to get the S2 from someone for about $200-$250. Then I'll see what is coming down the line for Verizon. I could keep my same phone and wait, but my b-day is next month and I feel like getting something new.
    04-30-10 10:04 PM
    If you're this close I'd say wait for the s3 or at least what 6.0 will do to the 9550 because .607 is not all that great. (for me) hate to admit it but .320 was better. Maybe I just have not tried the right hybrid

04-30-10 11:33 PM
    What for the Storm 3 if you can.... It will have the software on it with webkit..... Blackberry 6
    04-30-10 11:37 PM
    Yes the 9550 will have 6.0 but will the s2 be able to handle it? That's the real question

04-30-10 11:45 PM
    In the same boat except I have more time until NE2, I have until January. I think I must be in the minority, but I am worried about losing the SurePress, I just don't like touchscreen phones without it. I love the way the SurePress works. And a slider? No thatnks.....

I just can't imagine that I would have to buy an old Storm2 in January to keep enjoying the features I like.....
    05-02-10 01:57 PM
    Had the same delimma but I thing I'm going to go abead and get s2. Since so little is officially known about the s3, you can be sure it won't be out any time this year.

Don't bother with that piece of cr*p called the incredible. Not matching the hype and most that made the switch are regretting it.

A screen you can't see in the daylight? Puuuuuuleeeease.

05-02-10 03:20 PM
    Had the same delimma but I thing I'm going to go abead and get s2. Since so little is officially known about the s3, you can be sure it won't be out any time this year.

Don't bother with that piece of cr*p called the incredible. Not matching the hype and most that made the switch are regretting it.

A screen you can't see in the daylight? Puuuuuuleeeease.

you do like spewing BS alot lmao
    05-02-10 03:22 PM
    BTW, "NE2" (New Every 2) is a discount from Verizon: if you had a phone on a two-year contract, toward the end of the contract, if you sign up for another two year contract, you can get a credit (now $50) against the two-year contract price of a new phone. VZW officially says "6 months from the time you are eligible", but noone in any of the cellular forums I follow, including customer service reps, has ever heard of someone being denied the credit due to it expiring. The "6-month" thing must be something their lawyers came up with to give them an out if they ever wanted to, say, cancel the NE2 feature.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 05-02-10 at 04:27 PM.
    05-02-10 04:22 PM
    I would just go S2 and wait. I wonder if you can have your phone upgraded a year before your NE2 time with Verizon? I might just call and ask!

I actually prefer the sure press screen, I always misfired a lot with my other touch screen phones.
    05-02-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD