Is anyone else having this problem?

The CLOCK on my phone is off by 5-15 minutes EVERY DAY. Usually it is ahead of the actual time. Even if I reset it daily, by the next day, it is off again. It is really infuriating.

What's even odder is that when I go to the options screen to check the time, even if I have it set to "Network" and the Network time shown on the options screen is correct, the time the phone is actually displaying is wrong. If I switch to "Blackberry" time and then back again to "Network", it corrects itself, but again, it drifts off once again thereafter. Flipping this around and using Blackberry as the source doesn't help either.

My wife's phone (bought at the same time and running the same software version) does not have this problem.

Am I alone here?
    12-16-08 01:14 PM
    Are you synching your 9530 to a PC that has inaccurate time? If you have the Desktop Manager option to synch device time with PC time enabled, and the PC time is wrong, it will override the network time and make your device display the wrong time. If you use the Network time option, you should disable synching time with the PC. It's unnecessary and leads to this problem.
    12-16-08 01:38 PM
    I haven't plugged my Storm into my PC in more than a week. This time "slippage" happens every day, even after soft power downs and battery pulls.
    12-16-08 01:43 PM
    That's not good. I recommend you return your Storm for a new one. If you can't return it, you can back it up, wipe it, and reload the OS, but I doubt that will help, unless you find that the OS version has a problem with the clock. I haven't seen that discussed, but I don't follow the Storm closely. You might try a forum search.
    12-16-08 01:52 PM
    My wifes phone was having the same problem yesterday. In fact it was a few hours behind.

I figured out how to get it to the network time.

Go options > Date/Time

Press the Blackberry button > Update Time

Don't forget to save.
    12-16-08 02:25 PM
    Maybe your life is running in flash forward!
    12-16-08 02:29 PM
    Verizon Wireless support line listened to my complaint, put me on hold, and then came back to tell me it was probably a "manufacturer defect". They then suggested I go to store and swap it out. I asked if any store actually has these right now... she put me on hold, called the store near me... when she came back, she noted that they probably wouldn't have them in store until January. She then sent me to technical support. They asked a few questions to check out the phone then arranged for a replacement to be shipped to me. All of this was pain free, done in English with native speakers (i.e. not someone in India making 25 cents a day reading a script at gunpoint). My tech guy even offered to call me later in the week to see if everything worked out okay.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with the customer service.
    12-16-08 02:31 PM
    My wifes phone was having the same problem yesterday. In fact it was a few hours behind.

I figured out how to get it to the network time.

Go options > Date/Time

Press the Blackberry button > Update Time

Don't forget to save.

Did this every day. Guess what? It slipped away again. Good luck with it, but I suspect your problem is similar to my own.
    12-16-08 02:32 PM
    Did you try winding it?
    12-16-08 03:01 PM
    go to menu>options>date/time>date/time Source and make sure it says network. dont forget to save
    12-16-08 03:16 PM
    I'm having kind of the same issue.. I live in AZ and my time zone keeps switching to mountain time zone and it will not stay in AZ time zone. Anyone else from AZ have this issue..

other than that no problems on keeping the correct time.
    12-16-08 03:20 PM
    There is an "algorithm" for lack of a better word that works for digital clocks. If this is off or wrong or damaged or whatever, you will have that problem. The only solution is to send it back, so if others are having this issue it is more than likely a defect. MAYBE a software update would help, but I doubt it. Glad you got it squared away though with CS!
    12-16-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD