I totally agree that it not automatically shifting time zones is quite annoying. I fly a LOT with my band for radio shows and concerts. These next two months we are flying all around the country 4 days a week befor returning to east coast for 3 days off. i always dread the timezone aspect of my bb because of this. On the other hand, all the benefits of the storm and bb's far outweigh the cons for me so I just deal w it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 12:04 PM
    its more annoying when the phone changes time automatically and each time it does you have to select if the calendar should update your appointments to the new time zone.
    Had this happen with my last phone. I cross a time zone twice a day to get to and from work. Thank GOD this phone just keeps my home time!
    I agree, that would be a huge pain in the arse. Having the option to switch would be great.
    04-07-09 12:19 PM
    It's obvious that people are split on this, but the fact of the matter is;

There should be an options that let's you choose.

If you use the calander and changing time zones **** you over, then you choose "don't change time zone option"

If you don't use the calander and you'd like to change time zones, then you choose "change time zones options"

pretty simple fix for BB to do in my opinion.

"i always dread the timezone aspect of my bb because of this. On the other hand, all the benefits of the storm and bb's far outweigh the cons for me so I just deal w it."

^I agree with that comment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-23-09 at 08:07 PM. Reason: language
    04-07-09 12:47 PM
    The problem IMO isnt whether or not the time zone changes automatically, the problem is that when it changes the calendar gets completely screwed up, every appt shifts by 3 hours. I just traveled and had to fix my appts and it was a mess.

There should be an option to change time zones, but NOT to change the calendar appts.
    04-07-09 12:55 PM
    Read the explanation, because there's a good reason why it's like this.

And I know it's kind of annoying, but how big of a lazy f uck do you have to be that you can't simply manually change the time zones? I mean come on. It's like people who are completely lost if they lose the remote to the TV. The concept of getting up and using the controls ON the TV itself never even occurs to them. You just want to beat them over the head with a heavy blunt object sometimes. Claim you were defending the viability of the species by trying to remove some flotsam from the gene pool.
    I'm am nowhere near lazy- & my blackberry ID would not let me login, this is because time/date have to be correct in order to login... my time/date was already in manual because of this problem however, in order to download apps i have to change it back. Now my time is an hour early.
    03-23-11 06:02 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD