I am running 4.7.0.99 and I have been having issues with the time on my phone being anywhere from 2 minutes slow to 5 minutes fast without changing settings. At first I had it on BlackBerry time, but that was consistently off so I figured that Network time would be more accurate, my storm and my roommates dare, both verizon, consistently are different despite using supposedly the same network time, any ideas?
    03-18-09 09:37 AM
    how often does it change every day?
    03-18-09 09:40 AM
    mine is 3 1/2 to 4 mins fast. at any given time. no changes. just always ahead of my pc and time everywhere else in the damn world. is this some kind of sick joke RIM?
    03-18-09 09:44 AM
    note: if you go into settings>date/time>bb button there is an "update time" option. i'm gonna do that at 7:45am pacific today (right now) and see how far off it is in 12 hours tonight. *crosses fingers* wish me luck guys!
    03-18-09 09:46 AM
    mine is 3 1/2 to 4 mins fast. at any given time. no changes. just always ahead of my pc and time everywhere else in the damn world. is this some kind of sick joke RIM?
    Perhaps this is RIM's way of making sure you are early or on time to all your important appointments!

Although, I find it a little hard to believe that the Blackberry is ahead of all the timepieces "everywhere else in the world". Heck, almost every clock in my apartment is set to a different time for some reason or another.

I'm not really sure what the big deal is, though. Almost everyone in the world runs on slightly different time according to their watch, their clock at work, their clock at home, their PC clocks, etc. Some clocks run on batteries so they will always slow over time. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue if the Blackberry is a few minutes slow or fast at any given time, since every other clock you compare it to is a few minutes slow or fast as well.
    Last edited by mdude85; 03-18-09 at 09:54 AM.
    03-18-09 09:51 AM
    I wondered about this myself. This happens even between two of the same phone. My wifes storm and mine have the same time settings and they are off from each other by almost a full minute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:30 AM
    I have the same issue on my Storm.

Even when I have "network time" selelcted, it tends to diverge from actual time!

Must be a bug.
    03-18-09 10:38 AM
    I have the same issue on my Storm.

Even when I have "network time" selelcted, it tends to diverge from actual time!

Must be a bug.

What is 'actual time'?
    03-18-09 10:41 AM
    I've noticed that when I have it on Network time it stays closer to my atomic clock. Maybe try network and then update the prl (*228 for verizon) and do a soft reset.

I do notice that my wifes storm is about 30 sec ahead though...
    03-18-09 10:45 AM
    What is 'actual time'?
    Google it.
    03-18-09 11:25 AM
    Google it.
    Why do I need to Google it? I can just check my phone
    03-18-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD