This is really annoying, especially in long threads. Rather than taking me to the first unread post, it simply takes me to the very first post.
    03-24-09 12:46 PM
    This is really annoying, especially in long threads. Rather than taking me to the first unread post, it simply takes me to the very first post.
    Yeah, same here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 12:49 PM
    Someone must know something.
    03-24-09 04:41 PM
    It takes you to the first unread post for the entire board.
    With a board the size of this, topics move rather fast.
    03-24-09 04:43 PM
    Actually I think it takes you to the first unread post since you last logged in, regardless if you'd ever been to the thread or not

03-24-09 04:49 PM
    Noticed this as well. Should take you to the first unread post of the thread, not the entire board. Most likely a issue with how cookies are set up and/or handled.

03-24-09 04:51 PM
    Some of you must not post on many forums, especially high traffic boards. Every forum that I'm a member of, when you hit new posts it takes you to the unread post no matter what section of the board you are visiting.
    03-24-09 05:28 PM
    I beg to differ. I've not only taken part in boards much larger than this, but also setup quite a few boards as well.

Now this depends on which "newest post" link we are referring to. There's the at the top of the page that should do as you say. There's also the by each thread that should take you to the newest post of that thread. Which does not work correctly.

03-24-09 05:39 PM
    I'm referring to a thread that I've read, and then come back to and clicked the little blue arrow to the left of the thread title that should take me to the first unread post in that thread. Instead of taking me to the first unread post in the thread it takes me to the first post in the thread.
    03-24-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD