my click was decent when i got it...not great.

did the paper trick 2 days in: 2 pieces of business card (battery size) ontop of batt.

click was then great.

just took paper out to see difference...found it SO hard to type...worse than when i first got it....

....is it in my head? or is the battery backing getting warped? thoughts?
    12-01-08 06:28 PM
    yes!!! mine was ok when i first got it but wanted it better so I added the paper... the other day, I took out the paper to see "how it really was" and it was almost un-usable....

I'm DEFINTELY going to swap it out in a few weeks once things (hopefully) are operating better...
    12-01-08 06:36 PM
    my click was decent when i got it...not great.

did the paper trick 2 days in: 2 pieces of business card (battery size) ontop of batt.

click was then great.

just took paper out to see difference...found it SO hard to type...worse than when i first got it....

....is it in my head? or is the battery backing getting warped? thoughts?
    Pretty much the same here. I just swapped out the cards and it was a lot harder to type but I doubt it was any different than how it was originally.
    12-01-08 07:06 PM
    It's all in your head. You just got used to the better click with the paper in. Trust me it would take a long time for the back to get warped unless you stuff a arse load of crap back there and are barely able to close it.

Sidenote: haha I can say arse without it being blocked... thats funny. all I wanted to say was B U T T and it blocked it but not arse. hahaha
    12-01-08 07:11 PM
    It is definitely NOT in your head. The cards do warp the battery cover and it makes typing much worse. Not sure what to do here, just added a second piece of paper and now it is better but the battery door is sticking out considerably. Not sure what to make of this. I would recommend to users who have NOT done this trick to NOT do this trick if they want a long lasting Storm.
    12-01-08 07:33 PM
    It is definitely NOT in your head. The cards do warp the battery cover and it makes typing much worse. Not sure what to do here, just added a second piece of paper and now it is better but the battery door is sticking out considerably. Not sure what to make of this. I would recommend to users who have NOT done this trick to NOT do this trick if they want a long lasting Storm.
    AGREED!

have the replacements been coming with battery covers? thats my fear right there...that it wont...
    12-01-08 07:51 PM
    my battery door is bent on one side from when i did the trick and put too much the first time. I'm starting to have some clicking issues though so it may be a moot point after a replacement
    12-01-08 07:55 PM
    this thread is pretty much the reason i never tried it...
    12-01-08 07:57 PM
    this thread is pretty much the reason i never tried it...
    kinda wish i hadn't
    12-01-08 08:00 PM
    Hm... I wonder if the metal reinforced battery door was added after testers discovered that plastic ones were wearing out way too fast with the screen being constantly clicked. They thought an easy fix would be to just add something stronger, something metal. Obviously it seems that their design of the phone was sub par. Relying on pressure from the battery and battery door to be able to use the phone? Grand idea.
    12-01-08 08:08 PM
    I've got 1 business card in there, and the click is still fine like that, and I doubt it is getting any worse. Just relax and if it isn't broken than don't change it. Of course going from some business cards to nothing will feel like it has gotten worse (because it has). If anything, just wait for the Storm stock to go up and then get a replacement. Shouldn't be a problem.
    12-01-08 08:14 PM
    ...or just wait a few weeks until they start producing new devices that DONT have clicking issues and swap out your broken one?
    12-01-08 08:15 PM
    I will not be doing any of this jungle business with my storm when it comes. The one I played with Sunday at Telus was pretty darn good so no need to do any of that.
    12-01-08 08:17 PM
    ...or just wait a few weeks until they start producing new devices that DONT have clicking issues and swap out your broken one?
    def, what I plan on doing -- plus with desktop manager, it should be essentially hassle free.
    12-01-08 08:20 PM
    I was loving my screen with the paper, but you guys just scared me to death!! just yanked my business cards out, and whew!, all is still fine with mine!
    12-01-08 08:25 PM
    good point! could be the reason that the battery door is random-arsed-ly metal hahaha

and id DEF say dont over cram w the click fix.. everything in life should be done w moderation! :P
    12-01-08 08:26 PM
    I feel my custom cut index card is going to burn up in there :|
    12-01-08 08:29 PM
    so i called CS this am...they told me they know the issue but i need to go into a store, have them asses and reorder...

so now i am in class waiting to go...i take the index cards out....click sucks...take the battery cover and bend it inwards a smidge (just applied a little pressure) and it seems to click much better....

wtf...im still going to vzw
    12-02-08 02:25 PM
    Unless your stuffing so much paper in there that you had to literally bend the battery cover to get it back on (in which case, it probaby won't fit anyway), then there is no way you are putting enough stress on the battery cover or the guts in the phone to plasticly deform either of them. As for it getting worse over time, the conditions aren't even close to being right for creep (slow plastic deformation over time, usually under high temperature conditions) to happen.

Relax, the perceived difference is all in your head. If you left the paper out for a few days, it would start to feel the same again, and that's not because the phone material was going back into shape.

-SR-
    12-02-08 04:13 PM
    say what you will....but if two tiny pieces of computer paper can do the trick, so can a little bend in flimsy metal...

anyways i went to verizon today and the CS rep was like "oh yes, i see what you are saying about the toughness on this side, let me show the tech in the back"

10 min later...

"the tech says its fine...shes seen worse...it's a little stiffer but its supposed to be that way. you dont nearly have as much lag as others"

"i'm not concerned with the software..."

"i'm just saying, ours dont move as smooth as yours when you change directions"

"i updated my software"

"oh, well that explains it"

"so....about the click..."

"its not bad, thanks for coming in!"

wtf....

isn't the customer always right?
    12-02-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD