Hi,

I've searched the forums and struggling to find any assistance so decided to start a new thread.

My screen is playing up. I can scroll around the screen and when I touch the screen it highlights the area I am touching. However when I click nothing happens!

I've tried reinstalling the operating system and it's not done anything. Now when I turn the phone on, the screen that comes up for you to accept the terms of the new software comes up. Again, I can scroll up and down this and highlight the Accept/Ok button, but when I click the screen in, it doesn't respond.

I think I will need to speak to Vodafone and arrange for repair. Just curious if anyone is aware of some sort of quickfix.
    05-30-09 06:58 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue to me
    05-30-09 09:49 AM
    Hmmmmm........ Very strange. Was working fine last night, put it on the side of my friends bed, when we woke up this morning it was broke!!
    05-30-09 11:03 AM
    Actually, one thing I noticed earlier was that my shortcut keys weren't all working on the side of my phone. Would this prehaps relate to software issues?
    05-30-09 11:07 AM
    I started having the same problems yesterday. My shortcut button on the left, the lock button, and the buttons on the bottom work, but that is all. I can highlight things and scroll with out any problems but I can not click anything. This is the first major problem I have had with my storm which I got the morning it came out.

Any suggestions before I go to Verizon tomorrow and see what they can do for me?
    06-22-09 11:44 PM
    Hmmmmm........ Very strange. Was working fine last night, put it on the side of my friends bed, when we woke up this morning it was broke!!
    welsh... I have to ask... did this evening happen to involve alcohol?!
    sorry couldn't resist.

I would say you definitely have a hardware problem. If there is no click at all, and other non-related buttons that don't function... sounds like a bad board to me.
    06-23-09 01:29 AM
    As everyone has said - it sounds hardware related. Call Verizon for a replacement.
    06-23-09 01:32 AM
    As everyone has said - it sounds hardware related. Call Verizon for a replacement.
    not as easy as it sounds... check the original post... welsh is on Vodaphone... not inside the US... no Verizon stores available at that point.
    From what I hear, they don't replace the phones right away either. If I am not mistaken, they actually make you wait for them to repair it?
    06-23-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD