I cant imagine the iphone not stealing this ability. So many options now to highlight and then click, eventual double clicking and on and on... BB has really impressed me. This is my first BB and I am an Apple fanatic, but loyal to Verizon.

After a few replacements and a BB learning curve, I am really really happy. I just want to continue learning the capabilities of the device.

BB has raised the bar with this screen clicking ability. Apple will poach it for sure.
    12-20-08 11:33 PM
    Welcome aboard! And i'm sure no one here would be surprised if we see this in an upcoming Apple device.
    12-20-08 11:34 PM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one enthused about the click screen. I love it also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 11:35 PM
    Well, Yes and no (imo)...

I will LOVE surfing on this thing once Opera updates their browser to work similar to the OEM browser (minus the horrendous speeds). The ability to know exactly what you're clicking all the time is verrrry nice, but good lord am I getting upset with typing on this thing.

I like the feeling of pressing the "keys" down, not like all those complaining of their thumbs wearing out (probably the funniest complaint I've heard so far on this forum), however my speed is suffering horribly because of it. I have enough confidence in my typing accuracy to just stare at the keyboard while I'm jamming out messages, but I have to restrain my speed so much to let every press completely rebound before I press again...

They can do whatever they want to with the software updates to stop the typing LAG, however I don't see a way to get around the hardware malfunctions without allowing us to turn off the clicks for typing... or allow us to recall our devices for the updated hardware (not likely).

In the end I can only see the hindrance of slowing down my typing becoming increasingly irritating, since I'm am getting faster and more comfortable around the screen every day...

I don't know... just my 2cents
    12-20-08 11:40 PM
    Played with my friends iPhone 3g tonight. I couldn't tell you how many times I tried to press the screen lol. I definitely got laughed at.
    12-20-08 11:41 PM
    Yeah I like the ability to hover over and not click. There are times when I would like to just touch the sceen though and not have to click. Like sometimes I would like to type without having toe click, I don't think the click really helps me type any better I still make tons of typos, I would be able to make typo's faster by not clicking though lol.
    12-20-08 11:59 PM
    lol welcome i'm new to bb too and having the storm as a first is truly awesome but yeah just get used to the typing and screen and you'll be ok and hopefully you'll be like meand have a perfect storm from day one
    12-21-08 12:01 AM
    Played with my friends iPhone 3g tonight. I couldn't tell you how many times I tried to press the screen lol. I definitely got laughed at.
    LOL Been there. As far as typing on this thing, i've made it clear in past threads that I can type quickly and efficiently on this phone. I made myself sit down and type out a bunch of news articles to help me get the feel of the keyboard. The hardest part was teaching my thumbs to stay on their side. Once I got that accomplished all has been great. I'm typing with ease and speed. I'm almost twice as fast as I was with my pearl and almost as fast as I am on a computer keyboard. Practice makes perfect and this is something you just have to learn.

12-21-08 12:08 AM
    As a heavy BB 8830 and 8703 user it took some getting used to the touch screen. I have been able to adapt and am getting proficient at it. I know some die hard hardware keyboard users that have had a hard time adapting. Keeping your thumbs on the proper side is KEY (no pun intended).

I wanted to throw the thing against the wall during my first 3 hours. glad i didn't. i have almost achieved the same typing proficiency as the hardware keyboard.
    12-21-08 12:20 AM
    I'm almost twice as fast as I was with my pearl and almost as fast as I am on a computer keyboard.

Then you need to learn your home keys if you're typing that slow on a computer keyboard! lol
    12-21-08 12:40 AM
    I too tried to click a screen tonight. Was on a BB pearl

12-21-08 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD