How do you clear the call log from the phone application. When I go to the messages folder and open call log, and do a delete prior it clears them there. But when I hit the green key to use the phone and then the middle icon for call log, they are still listed there. I know I highlight one and scroll forever but I have like 6 months or more worth! Is there an easy way?

And where is it set how long to keep call log ?

TIA
    01-10-10 12:06 PM
    But when I hit the green key to use the phone and then the middle icon for call log, they are still listed there. I know I highlight one and scroll forever but I have like 6 months or more worth! Is there an easy way?

And where is it set how long to keep call log ?

TIA
    That's where you delete, call logs or are they not deleting ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 01:12 PM
    That's where you delete, call logs or are they not deleting ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I want to delete all call logs from the phone application. When you delete them from the messages (open call log folder) they do NOT delete from the phone application and there is not 'delete prior' on the phone application.

Where is it set how many days/weeks/months to keep call logs ?
    01-10-10 02:02 PM
    When you delete from inbox it won't delete from call log call options, so the only way to get rid is from call menu options.

There is not a way to set in how many days to keep.
    01-10-10 04:29 PM
    When you delete from inbox it won't delete from call log call options, so the only way to get rid is from call menu options.

There is not a way to set in how many days to keep.

UGH ... that blows.
    01-10-10 06:28 PM
    Blame RIM on this. They messed up the Call Log databases in OS5 and as of 5.0.0.419 it's still not fixed. The Call Log and Phone History databases no longer properly sync up for some reason... please report it to [email protected].
    01-10-10 07:32 PM
    Response from blackberry support -

"When clearing the phone call log database we will need to use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Ensure to have a backup of the BlackBerry prior to clearing any of the databases. If you do not already have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on a workstation near you, please click on the following link to download and install it.

BlackBerry - PDA Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com
    If you already have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on a workstation please follow the steps outlined in the following knowledge base article kb10167. This can be found at BlackBerry - Support & Services and type that kb10167 article in the search the BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center field. When following this article when you get to step number 4 you will want to search for the Phone Call list and then clear that database. This will erase all the call logs from your BlackBerry Storm."

My response - "That stinks."
    01-11-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD