How can I clear an entire calendar (e.g., from one email account) WITHOUT using Desktop Manager? I'm running a Mac...

Thanks!
    12-01-08 12:46 AM
    Change the date on the phone to a year in the future (Options | Date). Go into Calendar and open today (which will actually be a year in the future). Go into the menu and Delete Prior. You might need to do this from Agenda view. This should clean out the entire calendar. Don't forget to put the date back to the correct year.
    12-01-08 02:44 AM
    ...or, connect to your pc using Desktop Manager. Then choose Backup and Restore. Then on the right column choose advanced. Once the list on the right hand side has populated, scroll down select any calendars with entries and click Clear. Now your Calendar has a clean slate. I did this yesterday and it worked great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 05:35 AM
    ...or, connect to your pc using Desktop Manager. Then choose Backup and Restore. Then on the right column choose advanced. Once the list on the right hand side has populated, scroll down select any calendars with entries and click Clear. Now your Calendar has a clean slate. I did this yesterday and it worked great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I realize that you posted from the wap browser, so perhaps reading is difficult, but the OP specifically said "WITHOUT using Desktop Manager." He even put it in ALL CAPS to be clear. So posting a solution that REQUIRES the use of Desktop Manager seems a bit non-responsive.
    12-01-08 12:34 PM
    Change the date on the phone to a year in the future (Options | Date). Go into Calendar and open today (which will actually be a year in the future). Go into the menu and Delete Prior. You might need to do this from Agenda view. This should clean out the entire calendar. Don't forget to put the date back to the correct year.
    Great little tip!
    08-31-09 05:05 PM
    Great little tip!
    Yeah this is a good tip this would be a much easier way to reload my calendar with google sync.
    08-31-09 07:22 PM
    Thanks for this post. I was not even a member of Crackberry - although I scan through sometimes; but I had to thank you. For some reason, I ended up with duplicate entries in my BB Calendar. I had been deleting individual items, but it would not offer the option to delete all occurrences of an item - quite annoying. I couldn't find the best way to correct it. I use Google, so when I thought of clearing the entire calendar, I Googled it, and found this. I followed instructions, re-synced, and life is good again!!! THANK YOU!!!
    11-23-09 06:39 PM
    I think I get it. I did the future date thing and it worked but recurring items do not delete (like birthdays which have no end date since I don't wanna jinx anyone with an end date!!)

I am willing to use DM (tried) but under "Device Databases," it only gives me "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" I cleared the calendar but that didn't remove the ones I want to clear (even as it is set as my default). I don't want to clear "Calendar - All" since that will delete calendars I have that are associated with two other calendars (and which I do not sync).

Anybody know a tool or way I can see each calendar to clear a specific one? Happy to use DM or any tool.

Thanks!
    12-18-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD