Hi yes i am new to the world of blackberry. ive been a lg user for years.anyway i was wondering how to clean my app memory? i find the only way to raise it is to pull the battery. it gets to as low as 3mb. why is this? i dont have that many 3rd party app on my phone. and out of nowhere alot of times it will just restart on me, to the screen like your pulling out the battery. can anyone help me? are all these software problems? thanks

im currently running 4.7.0.75
    02-06-09 04:48 PM
    All of these have been debated ad nauseum lately, mostly in the OS/OS Beta subforum.

The short version is there's no way to clean your app mem, it happens automatically, and there's no magic number like some people seem to think. It's not like if it gets below X amount, all h ell breaks loose.

As for the reboot issue, I would strongly suggest contacting Verizon for a replacement phone.
    02-06-09 04:54 PM
    Hi yes i am new to the world of blackberry. ive been a lg user for years.anyway i was wondering how to clean my app memory? i find the only way to raise it is to pull the battery. it gets to as low as 3mb. why is this? i dont have that many 3rd party app on my phone. and out of nowhere alot of times it will just restart on me, to the screen like your pulling out the battery. can anyone help me? are all these software problems? thanks

im currently running 4.7.0.75
    You can always try a wipe/reinstall. But sounds more like a replacement would be better.
    02-06-09 05:25 PM
    Interesting, the same thing happened to me. As to the previous poster who said you can't clean the memory, please look again. There is a setting called memory cleaning. When this is enabled, every time you lock your phone it will automatically 'clean' the memory.

The problem is, the memory clean seems to cause the WSOD. I had that happen with .75 OS, so I think its yet another bug. Great......
    02-06-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD