Hi,

Earlier this day someone posted that he/she had created a BB Wiki. I really liked the idea, and was going to bookmark the page directly if it weren't that bulky... I hate ads, especially on things like this, so I thought: Why not put a clean ad free Wiki on my own server!

Here it is: blackberry.nanotux.com

(I'm not allowd to post clickable URLs since I don't have enough posts, if someone could please reply with a clickable link, than that would solve the problem until I have enough posts... (since I don't want to post rubbish, and I just switched to BB a week ago, I only have 2 posts :P))

You don't have to register if you want to post anything, so please do post something!

Hope you all like it!
    12-10-08 03:35 PM
    12-10-08 03:41 PM
    No offense but I would much rather look at the original Storm wiki with ads than yours.
    12-10-08 03:47 PM
    Im sorry, but you FAILED
    12-10-08 03:49 PM
    No offense but I would much rather look at the original Storm wiki with ads than yours.
    Why? The ads are quite distracting, ugly and it looks like the author only wants to earn a few bucks.

Im sorry, but you FAILED
    Maybe I should have chosen MediaWiki instead of DokuWiki, but even though most people have to get comfortable with the layout, I prefer it above MediaWiki due to its simplicity.
    12-10-08 04:39 PM
    Gotta agree on doku, cleaner is better. Ill sift around later and yet to post things onto your wiki, that's the only way to tell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 04:56 PM
    I thought the whole point of the Wiki was to have ONE place to go to find as much clear, concise information as possible.

Now we're going to have TWO Wiki's (plus the forum)? I'm not Jewish but, Oye Vey!!
    12-10-08 05:22 PM
    soooo cool dude /sarcasm.

are you serious bro/

The ads were never intended to make a few bucks. In fact far from it. If you register an account and join the wiki there are no ads at all, just like these and many other message boards so if anything that is a GREAT reason to join that community.

Anyhow thanks for bashing without actually knowing what ur saying
    12-10-08 05:27 PM
    Hi,

Earlier this day someone posted that he/she had created a BB Wiki. I really liked the idea, and was going to bookmark the page directly if it weren't that bulky... I hate ads, especially on things like this, so I thought: Why not put a clean ad free Wiki on my own server!

Here it is: blackberry.nanotux.com

(I'm not allowd to post clickable URLs since I don't have enough posts, if someone could please reply with a clickable link, than that would solve the problem until I have enough posts... (since I don't want to post rubbish, and I just switched to BB a week ago, I only have 2 posts :P))

You don't have to register if you want to post anything, so please do post something!

Hope you all like it!
    This is nice and all, but really you should get together with ddarvish, offlist and set this up as one wiki.
    I'm sure you have the best of intentions, but he did go through the original trouble of setting it up and even hosting a couple links to download the latest OS.
    A collaboration (wotd) with him and his blessings would probably be a bit better received..

edit:

K, slow posting, guess there won't be any collaboration..
    12-10-08 05:33 PM
    Just rate the thread down...
    12-10-08 05:33 PM
    Also, since this is being hosted on the OP's own server, what happens if he decides he's no longer interested in hosting it? Sells his Storm? etc.

When I bring up ddarvish's Wiki, I see two tiny ads at the bottom of the screen. It's not like it's PLASTERED with obnoxious, blinking, "YOU'RE OUR DAILY WINNER!!!!!!" ads.

I can't/won't pretend to speak for anyone else. But, personally, I don't see any reason to use your Wiki. I'm going to continue to frequent/update ddarvish's Wiki.
    12-10-08 08:11 PM
    OK, well, I see ddarvish removed the ads at the right of the screen and now there only some google ads at the bottom. It's indeed better to choose one wiki to go with, and if you all don't want my ad free wiki, then nevermind this post

This is nice and all, but really you should get together with ddarvish, offlist and set this up as one wiki.
    I'm sure you have the best of intentions, but he did go through the original trouble of setting it up and even hosting a couple links to download the latest OS.
    A collaboration (wotd) with him and his blessings would probably be a bit better received..
    Since setting up a wiki is quite easy, and cost me about 5 minutes, I don't really see the need for the collaboration between two people. We of course need to collaborate all to make one of the wiki's a great place (and everyone seems to like the bloated one more, so that'll be the one then), which one can't do by himself.

Since the official OS update is out now, I don't see the need for hosting it btw, it'll only add confusion to newbies who don't know which update to choose....
    12-11-08 12:23 AM
    Agreed, Sorry. Thank you for the effort and I will definitly bookmark yours as well as the other. I must say that I don't like that fact that just anybody can make changes to the site without being able to register. I just think it makes it to easy for some jacka$$ to mess with it.
    12-11-08 01:16 AM
    Agreed, Sorry. Thank you for the effort and I will definitly bookmark yours as well as the other. I must say that I don't like that fact that just anybody can make changes to the site without being able to register. I just think it makes it to easy for some jacka$$ to mess with it.

well a jacka$$ hit TWICE today, so i have made it now a members only thing to be able to edit
    12-11-08 02:23 AM
    What ads on the original? OH, wait. Are you guys still not using Firefox and AdBlock Plus? Sheesh.
    12-11-08 02:40 AM
    Ads help pay for the servers, domain names, time etc. Without ads on a website it's like working for free.
    12-11-08 02:42 AM
    lol i was like what ads too....
    12-11-08 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD