Your gonna love this, so I head into my local verizon store and show a "tech" my issue, the right hand corner quit clicking on my phone. She procedes to tear a piece of paper, fold it in half and stick it under my battery and says "here ya go all fixed". I started laughing and said are you kidding me everyone knows this "fix" but I would like a non rigged "fix" for my top of the line expensive phone. So she gets the manager and he tells me that its a know issue ( thanks genius) and RIM is working on it and there is nothing he can do and I will have to wait till it is solved by RIM.

Does anyone else think this is a load of crap?
    12-24-08 09:43 PM
    You should get a replacement phone if within the 30 days. Also i would atleast get the 5 dollar insurance as this is a expensive phone to replace without insurance.
    12-24-08 09:47 PM
    You got more than most other employees wouldve given you, its an issue from RIMs side and the whole world and their mother is aware of it. Its not a load of crap, youre just one of those customers who arent happy no matter what. I suggest contacting RIM directly to resolve your matter.

And yes, I work for Verizon.
    12-24-08 09:48 PM
    So if it is a "known" issue did they say they would replace the phone once it has been fixed?

I doubt it, but if VZW admit there is a problem they should replace free of charge, I would ask for some written guarantee of replacement.

Good luck with that
    12-24-08 09:50 PM
    Call *611 on your phone and go to the blackberry department. Tell them your problem and they will get you a new unit asap.
    Return it if its within the first thirty days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well like the "tech" and the "genious manager" said, It is a known issue . . This means that you can most likely get a replacement for it under the 1yr warranty that it came with. If its truly defective (which it seems to be) then you should ask for a replacement. If the store is out of them then you can call verizon and they can ship you out a replacement. Granted the paper wasn't a true fix, it can hold you over until your replacement arrives . . still a "load of crap"?
    12-24-08 09:51 PM
    damn, some people think they deserve everything. guarenteed verizon is a top of line company and you really shouldn't expect less? but she just works for verizon, its not her fault, if your that unhappy, just get a replacement
    12-24-08 09:56 PM
    I realize all that I just thought it was funny that the paper trick was there solution

12-24-08 09:57 PM
    You should have asked if they read crackberry forums

12-24-08 09:59 PM
    You got more than most other employees wouldve given you, its an issue from RIMs side and the whole world and their mother is aware of it. Its not a load of crap, youre just one of those customers who arent happy no matter what. I suggest contacting RIM directly to resolve your matter.

You have got to be kidding me with this line of crap! Right? Please say the holidays are getting to you and you have become delusional...

You know what? You are absolutely right. We should put up with sub-par manufacturing when it directly impacts the usabilit of the item. How long have you been in sales? 1st day?

Of all the stupid stuff that I have seen on here in the past few months, that has got to be one of the most moronic statements I have seen...
    Yes it's RIM's issue to fix. But guess what? It's Verizon's to deal with until then. And dealing with it means sending out replacement units. Not shoving paper into the back of somebody's phone... WOW...
    12-24-08 10:03 PM
    Yes it is Verizons issue since they are the ones selling the phone and representing it. Verizon has to fix your issue not RIM at this point. Verizon will give you a replacement if your within the 30 days. If they try to tell you otherwise push it until you get a replacement.

To skip the BS with the CS rep over the phone tell them you have the latest updates and tell them the Verizon store rep's resolution was to put a piece of paper behind your case, im sure they would get a laugh out of it too.
    12-24-08 10:06 PM
    You have got to be kidding me with this line of crap! Right? Please say the holidays are getting to you and you have become delusional...

You know what? You are absolutely right. We should put up with sub-par manufacturing when it directly impacts the usabilit of the item. How long have you been in sales? 1st day?

Of all the stupid stuff that I have seen on here in the past few months, that has got to be one of the most moronic statements I have seen...
    Yes it's RIM's issue to fix. But guess what? It's Verizon's to deal with until then. And dealing with it means sending out replacement units. Not shoving paper into the back of somebody's phone... WOW...
    Exactly, thank you.
    12-24-08 10:09 PM
    The reason why they are not wanting to give you a replacement at the store is because they are short as is on stock and would rather sell it or upgrade it to make more money since they are on commission. If they replace it, they lose out on one and thats one less they can make money on.

I know its BS but its reality!!
    12-24-08 10:11 PM
    Wow, that is pretty funny. At least she knew about the "fix". When I went to get my replacement the girl just looked at me, looked at the screen, clicked it a few times, asked how to open the back cover, and then ordered me a new Storm lol

12-24-08 10:25 PM

wow i hope you dont work in cs for verizon because they are in trouble if you do.
    Unhappy no matter what? lol shoving a torn piece of paper behind a $500 phone is a solution are you ******* kidding me.
    12-24-08 10:30 PM
    and Yes you work for Verizon...you seem super proud. So what you're saying is that if I owned a Curve, and one of the keys on the keyboard wasnt working, and it was known RIM issue in SOME of the units, I'd have to settle for a keyboard with a letter that didn't work?

Are you joking, or a car with brakes that didn't work? I mean, speaking before thinking is one thing, but typing without thinking is just...wow.

Merry Christmas though!
    12-24-08 10:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you call, VZW will give you a replacement.
    12-24-08 10:58 PM

Haha! So jury-rigged devices should be totally acceptable?! I can't imagine a fix that rim could provide without a recall. Maybe a sticky pad to be applied to the back of the battery! That would really take the cake!

12-24-08 11:01 PM
    First off try the T6 screw adjustment and your phone should completely fix itself.. Chances are their may not be a hardware issue so much as an adjustment issue.. This worked for me.

Second off at my local Verizon store when my girlfriend bought her curve they actually handed her a piece of paper with the crackberry website on it and told her it's a great place for tips and troubleshooting.
    12-24-08 11:29 PM
    First off try the T6 screw adjustment and your phone should completely fix itself.. Chances are their may not be a hardware issue so much as an adjustment issue.. This worked for me.

Second off at my local Verizon store when my girlfriend bought her curve they actually handed her a piece of paper with the crackberry website on it and told her it's a great place for tips and troubleshooting.
    I did try the T6, it originally had the screen problem the T6 fixed it then it went out again and its only the combined paper and T6 that worked to fix it.
    12-24-08 11:40 PM
    Huge bummer.. I hope my T6 fix lasts!
    12-24-08 11:40 PM
    neuroticdave why the **** would he contact RIM to solve the the faulty 500 phone. He didn't buy it from RIM. Verizon sold it they are responsible. Employee or not Verizon screwed the pooch letting this thing get on the market when it did and now will not do the right thing and fix it. But yet they will tell a current customer to wait weeks for a replacement and sale a new customer on after they tell him they dont have any. WRONG WRONG WRONG
    12-24-08 11:48 PM
    Have any of you that have had a Verizon employee stick a piece of paper in your phone and tell you to live with it thought about contacting the Attorney Generals office? I don't believe that this would stand up very well with them.
    12-25-08 11:13 AM
    For those that keeping saying VZW and RIM put this out too early...we know there are problems and we all know if they held off, these problems might be fixed. But that is in the past. Let's look at the present.

I agree that VZW would rather sell the unit to a new customer or upgrade a customer but that doesn't mean they shouldn't give a unit as a replacement. It's customer service. The phone doesn't work like it should. Yeah they fix it with the paper trick but that doesn't cut it. VZW should replace any faulty phone. The screen not clicking is a good example. Slow rotation from landscape to portrait, I think is a little too much to ask for a replacement because that will be fixed with upgrades.

Just like someone said, this is an expensive phone that should work properly. If your left front brake on your new car didn't work, you would want the car dealership to replace it or would you want them to stick a piece of paper in the caliper?
    12-25-08 11:41 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD