Im having a little dillema here...I was needing to take my phone in (or call customer service) for a replacement (because the storm is a POS) and ofcourse before I get to do that my dog decides to chew on it...now it didnt cause any serious damage, just teeth marks on the back bottom of the case and around the talk button on the front...but I already know VZW will laugh at me as far as the warranty goes and claim the phone is a slow, non clicking, freezing up POS because my dog chewed it (despite this already being my 2nd one and that its been f'in up for months).

So...I can either A. buy a new outer shell (i think around $80-100) and trade it in under warranty for another.

Or..claim insurance (what is it 50-75?) which would obviously be cheaper but if I claim insurance does the replacement phone still have the remainder of the factory warranty? Or if its a POS and quits clicking etc like every other storm i've touched will I be stuck with it? (which is why im considering spending the extra money to stay under the manufacturers 1 year warranty).

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated
    08-09-09 01:35 PM
    Say nothing about your dog biting it and let them assume you drop it lol. Tell them your problem and you might get replacement. If that doesn't work just go for claim insurance.
    08-09-09 01:49 PM
    i wouldnt say anything about the dog getting ahold of it and just call customer service and get a replacement
    08-09-09 01:56 PM
    i wouldnt say anything about the dog getting ahold of it and just call customer service and get a replacement
    that would work, until they get the replacement....? Then they will probably be pissed and not so willing to take off the $500 pending charge on teh account that they place until they recieve your storm back...?
    08-09-09 01:57 PM
    Drop it on the toilet and say water damage.
    08-09-09 02:07 PM
    just claim insurance. Easier and faster and you just might get a good one. Unless you have this pre-conceived notion that all storms are garbage which is how I read your post.
    08-09-09 02:11 PM
    Water damage would still be insurance, along with anything other than actual hardware problems. Just go with insurance, I'm pretty sure you will still have the warranty and such. If you don't then that's just stupid.
    08-09-09 02:13 PM
    just claim insurance. Easier and faster and you just might get a good one. Unless you have this pre-conceived notion that all storms are garbage which is how I read your post.
    Thats probably what ill do. I wouldnt go as far as saying ALL but it seems like a lot. Im far from being the only person going on storm #3 (quite a few are higher). Call me skeptical but im not expecting #3 to be any better then 1 or 2...hopefully 3rd times a charm though right...
    08-09-09 05:17 PM
    Thats probably what ill do. I wouldnt go as far as saying ALL but it seems like a lot. Im far from being the only person going on storm #3 (quite a few are higher). Call me skeptical but im not expecting #3 to be any better then 1 or 2...hopefully 3rd times a charm though right...
    it only seems like a high number are on their 3rd 4th whatever but you have to remember what this site is for. People come here to get help with or find solutions to their problems or issues with there BB's. Theres only mabye 10,000 or so members of crackberry and millions and millions of actual Blackberry owners who are not even on here.
    08-09-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD