About three weeks ago, I noticed my BB chimed and the LED went to a slow red blink. I checked everything I could think of; email, sms, mms, bb messenger, alarm, tasks, calendar, and low battery. I determined I had nothing set to make that alert go off. Then it happened again...and again. I notice it's occurring at 9am and 9pm, daily. The LED stops blinking after about 15 minutes.

Any ideas where else to look to see what sparked this alert? It's really annoying me..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    04-13-10 08:26 PM
    About three weeks ago, I noticed my BB chimed and the LED went to a slow red blink. I checked everything I could think of; email, sms, mms, bb messenger, alarm, tasks, calendar, and low battery. I determined I had nothing set to make that alert go off. Then it happened again...and again. I notice it's occurring at 9am and 9pm, daily. The LED stops blinking after about 15 minutes.

Any ideas where else to look to see what sparked this alert? It's really annoying me..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I was just searching the forums for this exact thing. I thought sure I was the only one this was happening to! I haven�t noticed the LED but the chime, definitely. I have mine on vibrate while at work, so I'm not sure about the 9:00 AM, but it does every night at 9:00 PM. I have also checked every possible thing that could have an alarm/alert set, nothing. I hope someone has some suggestions. (Sorry to post without an answer/solution, just wanted to say you're not alone!)
    05-26-10 11:19 AM
    Thanks but sorry you're being bothered by this issue as well.

Mine continues to go off at 9am, 3pm, 9pm, and I assume 3am but since I'm sleepin, I cant be sure. What's most annoying to me is that the the LED blinks for about 15 minutes and since I cant find a way to shut it off, I see it...from the corner of my eye... taunting me...tempting me to look at it.

It's odd that we've not heard others having this issue but thanks for keeping me company!
    05-26-10 06:38 PM
    Ditto been doing it to me since a recent OS upgrade to 5.0.0.497 on Vodafone uk.. Them it did three chimes together two days ago and now I've no sound at all unless its out of headphones.....its like its turned it off but there's no menu or button to turn it back on

HELP.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 05:50 AM
    Ditto been doing it to me since a recent OS upgrade to 5.0.0.497 on Vodafone uk.. Them it did three chimes together two days ago and now I've no sound at all unless its out of headphones.....its like its turned it off but there's no menu or button to turn it back on

HELP.....

Interesting, I never thought abot it, but mine started after the upgrade too. It's becoming quite annoying.
    05-31-10 11:23 AM
    My led blinks when there is a severe weather alert from Weatherbug. Do you have that installed?

06-01-10 09:04 AM
    My led blinks when there is a severe weather alert from Weatherbug. Do you have that installed?

I don't have Weaterbug installed. I did downgrade (back to the previous version) last night and the 'chime' has not sounded since them tho.
    06-01-10 09:50 AM
    the annoying chime is back . . . . .10:30 PM every night
    06-25-10 11:20 AM
    Searching further in Crackberry, I found this. I changed mine (the broweser was set for notifications) so I'll see what happens tonight (I hope I can post the link correctly)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bro...ff-why-444517/
    06-25-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD