I just visited the Verizon store in the Loop in Chicago. I played with the demo models for a good 20 minutes and changed my mind about the phone from "good, but a little worried," to "fantastic/amazing, all concerns gone."

Loop Verizon had two demos and one floating around. I didn't ask about stock (bc I ordered telesales), but seeing that they had three out to play with, they probably had plenty.

All of them had .65 running on them. I asked about updates to the OS before launch, and the guy there had no clue what I was even talking about. There are a LOT of inept people working at this Verizon store (from prior experience).

I have previously voiced my concern about hardware limiting my typing (which I think is very fast). After nearly 10 minutes of typing, I was blazing through messages. My accuracy suffered a bit. But the speed was just as fast as my curve.

Don't want to bore you with repetitive details. So I'll be brief. Media player amazing, browser amazing (froze when tilting during page load), rotation faster than any video I've seen online, gap is insignificant (and necessary), etc.

Two things I noticed:

1) As noted elsewhere, you cannot drag your finger around the main home screen and keep the blue highlight following your finger. You have to have distinct touches to do this. In menus and keypads, you can drag your finger around, and the blue will follow. I'm sure an update will fix this. It sounds insignificant, but I wanted it to do that for some reason.

2) I really tried to figure out how to do minute cursor movement in text, and I had a really tough time doing it. So, say you have a sentence typed into an email. If you want to move the cursor to the middle of the sentence to type an additional word, you have to put your finger there, and then press the button down.

But what if I wanted to move the cursor one single space to the right? I thought maybe a small swipe to the right or something like that, but no. You had to move your finger 1mm to the right then press the button again. It was really hard to see where I was putting the cursor because it is tiny in relation to your finger. (There could be a better way, I just couldn't figure it out."

I think everyone should be stoked. I think this is going to be a huge success (and I had my doubts - even though I used it before).

11-20-08 07:16 PM
    Thanks for the post. I'm going to get mine tomorrow and will keep an open mind during the 30 day trial. I tried before to switch from my 8830 to an iPhone 3G and here's my blog post about why I returned it:
    http:// iso-100. com/blog/post/why-i-tried-but-failed-to-switch-from-blackberry-to-iphone-3g/ [remove spaces]

This new Blackberry seems to address all the issues I had with the iPhone... Fingers crossed.
    11-20-08 07:36 PM
    When I saw the Title of the thread I was really worried. I thought to myself...Liquid can't hate it, he's been excited right along with me! lol.
    11-20-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD