Anyone else on here that will be looking for a Storm this Friday in the Charlotte, NC area?
    11-19-08 02:10 PM
    I'm in CLT but I am going out of town on Friday so I already preordered from telesales.
    11-19-08 02:11 PM
    i'll be checking out the store in carolina pavilion at 8am but if there's a line i will order online.
    11-19-08 02:51 PM
    Have my appt at 10:45 at the Ballantyne Best Buy!!!
    11-19-08 04:20 PM
    I'm in Charlotte but I already have mine. The Verizon Corporate Store at University will have a plentiful supply of Storms on Friday.
    11-19-08 04:23 PM
    im ordering over phone and using my 100.00 flyer no lines it does suck i have to wait a day or two but saving 50. is wort it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 04:29 PM
    I'm in Charlotte but I don't fly in until noon on Friday.
    I will check the brand new Verizon Store next to Northlake Mall 1st.
    The Verizon store in Huntersville 2nd and The Verizon store at University 3rd

If all 3 of those sell out (doubtful), i'll hit Best Buy next to Northlake Mall on my way home as a last resort. I still think these salesmen are taking everyone for a ride, you don't put out a mass marketing campaign like Verizon has with only a few phones to sell, just doesn't make sense to me........
    11-19-08 04:51 PM
    I'll be at the Concord Mills Blvd. location (not the one in the Mall, but the
    Verizon store on Mills Blvd) for their 8am opening.

The two managers I have spoken with there act like they have no idea how many they are getting for this event but seem to think that they will be getting shipments every few days to keep up with whatever the demand may be. If they run out at that location, I will try the Northlake Mall location then the Huntersville location. All three of these are equal in distance from my home.

I've never treated myself to such a nice phone. This is one 'storm' that I'm actually looking forward to seeing.

"BlueBusDriver"
    11-19-08 08:22 PM
    Well I'm in the university area and im excited. I wont be in town this weekend cause I have a conference which I leave for tomorrow. Do you think they will have any on sunday?
    11-19-08 10:12 PM
    Spinie...

I Will try to find out for you tomorrow (today...Thursday). I will be at the verizon store on Thursday to get my daughter to pick out a phone for herself. I will ask the guys there if they think they'll have enough storms on hand to last through Sunday evening.

BlueBusDriver
    11-20-08 12:03 AM
    Thank you major!!!
    11-20-08 01:30 AM
    Spinie,

The guys at The Concord Mills blvd. location said that they wouldn't know until late this evening how many phones were being allocated to their store.
    They said that they hope they will have enough to last through the weekend.
    Apparently it only takes one or two days to restock, so if they run out before Sunday, maybe they can have them back in stock (at the store) by Monday.

Good luck to you. I hope there are plenty to go around.

BlueBusDriver
    11-20-08 11:38 AM
    I will be at the north lake store at 8am....
    11-20-08 12:13 PM
    Wish you all luck...
    11-20-08 01:16 PM
    OK....well, I got one this morning. The store on Concord Mills Blvd only had 5, but said they'd be getting some more in a shipment later this morning. There weren't too many people there at first, but by the time I went to leave the place was really getting busy. They have a demo stand set up so you can play with a Storm demo phone.
    I tinkered with it for about 10 minutes, let the battery cool a little while, and now I have it charging. Once it is fully charged, I'm going to get it set up and play around with it. In the mean time...I'm reading the "tips, hints and shortcuts" booklet that came with the phone.
    The phone comes with an 8 GB micro SD card that is already installed. No holster, pouch or any type of cover comes with the phone. I'm sure it is going to take me a few days to get this puppy set up the way I want it, but so far it seems to be a really nice phone. I do agree with the folks who have complained already about how it's not easy to type text messages onto this phone. I am hoping that I will get use to it in the next few days. I'm not a super fast typer anyway.

Good luck to you all. It looks like they will be getting shipments daily, so if they don't have anymore by the time you get there today....keep checking.

BlueBusDriver
    11-21-08 09:25 AM
    LKN Store at Exit 25 is out and will not get anymore until next Wednesday. They opened at 6 am and sold the 20 they had before 7:30.
    11-21-08 10:05 AM
    I just went by the Concord Mills Boulevard store and they said they recieved another shipment mid-day and those were sold within a few minutes. They can't keep them in stock very long.
    11-21-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD