i have a habit of just plugging my phones into the charger everynight even if it doesnt need to be charged. is it safe to do that with this phone? i know some electonic devices have an automatic thing where onces its fully charged itll stop sending out the power and saving the life of the battery in the logn run. so again is it a good idea to keep this phone plugged in all the time?
    12-30-08 10:08 PM
    I know that this has been discussed several times on here & I believe that the conclusion was that it will be fine the storm charger stops charging when it is fully charged

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 10:14 PM
    It's fine to leave it charging overnight. The Storm will not overcharge the battery.

If your battery doesn't need charging, I would skip charging until necessary. Even though charging overnight is fine, batteries have limited charge cycles and you don't want to burn through a battery unnecessarily.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ok-...rnight-101544/
    12-30-08 10:14 PM
    You're fine, my friend.

CHARGE AWAY WITHOUT REMORSE!!!!

happy new year
    12-30-08 10:16 PM
    Even though charging overnight is fine, batteries have limited charge cycles and you don't want to burn through a battery unnecessarily.
    Actually for lithium ion batteries (and NiMH too I think) this is not true. One full charge cycle is defined as going from completely discharged to a full charge. Partial charge cycles do not count as a full charge cycle. So, if you drain the battery to 50%, recharge to full, then repeat this is equal to one full charge.

As a result, you can do partial recharges routinely (ie. docking the Storm to the cradle every night) without harm. In fact, to prolong battery life several authorities recommend AVOIDING full discharges ...

Several relevant places for the same info:

Apple - Batteries
    How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    12-30-08 11:15 PM
    Yeah, I believe it is safe because when the Storm is done charging, the little lightning bolt goes away from the battery to let you know it is done charging and will not fill the battery up any more. Also, RIM's charging cradle acts as a clock which must be plugged in to work like that so I doubt they would sell that if it was not supposed to be plugged in overnight.
    12-30-08 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD