I assume that most of us like to use our Storm's while they are charging. Given the battery life, I almost forgot that the Storm was a wireless device. Okay, enough bashing.

So I like using my Storm in one landscape mode ONLY. that would be with the hard buttons near my right thumb for quick access. Sometimes I have it facing the wrong way and hit the Blackberry Logo when I mean to go back or zoom out. This gets ESPECIALLY annoying when its charging. My instincts pick it up with the cord side AWAY from me as to not get in my way. However, if I want to have the hard buttons where I am comfortable with them, then I need to have the cord facing me. Either way, it looks like I'm sacrificing a comfort one way or the other. This is just a rant as RIM couldn't possibly fix this for me, but I was just wondering if anyone else was annoyed by this.
    12-15-08 08:42 PM
    I prefer using my left thumb so it works out well for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 08:48 PM
    it doesn't bother me that the cord is there.. I use it for my right thumbs..

and the cord hasn't effected me any..

I can see how it might effect some people though..

however the design is kind of made so that it can drop into the cradle and be a nice big clock.. for travelers..

and either side you put it on it would effect either the people who like it on the left or the people who like it on the right
    12-15-08 08:50 PM
    hmmmm...... maybe this will be the new trend for upcoming phones. customizable hardware such as relocating the charging input.
    12-15-08 08:56 PM
    I bought a cordless Bluetooth charger on eBay. I figure this will solve the cord problem.

It should be here any day now. I'll post my results when I get it.
    12-15-08 08:57 PM
    I would actually prefer to have the charging port on the short end of the phone where the buttons are. This is one of those things though where no matter where they put it someone isn't going to like it!
    12-15-08 11:32 PM
    yeah i know what you mean. the gas tank on my car is on the passenger's side so i have to walk all the way around to the other side of the car to refuel. it's so inconvenient for me. why couldn't they have given me the option to put it where i wanted it?

oh right, you can't please all of the people all of the time
    12-16-08 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD