Hello crackberry .. Alright to start off I'm on my 4 BB storm just got it last week and well not looking yet again so I'm coming on here for ideas or situations that might be similar alright well I have to Unplug and replug my phone in over and over before it wants to charge sometimes I get an error stating that the usb charger plugged in is not compatible source for the device yet its the standard charger that comes with the BB storm any ideas anyone I hate complaining and yes I know I just did lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 08:48 AM
    I have the same problem kinda. Will show charge lightning bolt, 5 seconds later it doesn't show. I have the standard bb charger, a generic micro usb bought from verizon, and the data cable for PC...all do the same thing. Its like...the phone doesn't want to charge. This has resulted in my phone being completely dead for 2 days straight, and having only been able to get my phone charged up twice in about 2 weeks. I will get the phone completely dead, put it on the charger, get the red light, empty battery icon on white screen that says charging, but it never gets to the point of booting up, it goes back to black screen and the solid red light. I went to verizon, first time they said I'd have to buy a new phone full retail..but if I waited 2 weeks I could get my yearly discount on an upgrade..I went back again to tech department..they said I was still under warranty and they gave me a new battery but to no avail it does the same thing. I'm not sending my phone back to RIM screw that..anyways. This issue has only popped uo in the last few weeks..maybe its time to go android.

01-05-10 02:16 PM
    Wildman have you tried a different charger? It sounds to me like a faulty charger.

nick.nicotine have you tried to pull the battery, put it on the charger, then put the battery in while on the charger? That may fix you issue.
    01-05-10 08:14 PM
    It does sound like the charger, also use only an OEM BB charger. I know the aftermarkets may work, but Ive had really bad luck with anything other than the OEM charger.
    01-05-10 09:26 PM
    What OS are you on? The .328 Verizon release was notorious for causing charging/USB problems for a lot of people.
    01-05-10 09:27 PM
    also if the phone is for some reason hot it will not charge until it cools a bit
    01-05-10 09:42 PM
    omg! I have the same problem. Just keep plugging it back in or try another outlet.

the same thing happened with my desk charger here at work. But I just plugged into the wrong USB (is there really a difference? guess so)

and my phone is brand new. I think its the charger they have made for the phone. Doesnt like wall outlets I guess

I have it charged through a surger protector and works like a charm, try that
    01-06-10 08:35 AM
    I expanded the title a bit.
    01-06-10 10:18 AM
    My wifes Zerizon Storm running 5.0.0.328 does the same thing. We have used 2 different oem power supplies and the problem remains. It seems to be a software issue. If we make sure no apps (aside from home, phone, browser and mail) are running and do an occasional battery pull the problem appears much less frequently. I have the same phone / firmware and have no issues, even using her power supply.
    01-06-10 03:38 PM
    i also had this kind of problem: charger plugged in, shows the bold sign, but wont charge... it was jsut using the chargers power (i could pull the battery, and it kept working on the usb power...)

what i did was to hit the shut down button on the phone, and put the charger back in, and then the led popped to yellow and it started to charge,... updated to .419 and no i dont have any of thse problems again

so i hope this also helps you!
    01-06-10 04:25 PM
    I use the bb travel charger and yes I'm on .328 I don't have a computer to update either. It charges but man takes forever until the error messages come up ...

01-07-10 09:22 AM
    I have this problem often as well.

I don't feel like it is a charger issue.

Ever since the major "upgrade" they released for our phone - its been a major downgrade. I never had many problems until after I installed it.

Definitely going Droid when my stupid contract is up
    01-07-10 10:48 AM
    I was having this problem with .328 also and am happy to report that I haven't had this issue with .419. I've charged it about 6 times since upgrading and not one issue. With .328 it would only work straight away about 1 in 10 times, with the rest of the time either giving me an error, or just not charging and having to unplug and plug it in numerous times before working.
    01-07-10 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD