I was just wondering if someone knew about the charging problems associated with this phone. I'm currently out of the country and had to buy a local charger for my storm. The phone is currently 100% dead. I plugged the phone in and the little red light came on, then i got a battery symbol with a lightening bolt. A few minutes later, nothing, no light and no picuture of the battery. Should I be looking for a new battery or a different charger? Any information would help. THANKS!!! ~T
    12-20-09 03:13 AM
    Sounds like charger, not battery.

Many of the cheap chargers don't put out enough power to resurrect a fully discharged battery. The RIM charger delivers more mA than USB standard. Last weekend I had a fully discharged battery and couldn't get my Storm to recharge from my car charger or USB cable. It was fine after a couple of hours on the OEM charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 01:44 PM
    never use a cheap battery charger, they are not worth it
    12-20-09 02:04 PM
    You have not said what country you're in but...

The original charger for my storm has a removeable ac mains plug and other plugs for other countries came with it. If you don't have these plugs, you should try to buy the proper mains plug for your temporary location. Mains here in Canada are 110v 60Hz. Brits use 220v 50Hz with a different plug arangement from Canada. However, I could use my same charger with the apropriate plug change. My original charger that came with my phone is like the one you would find here...

bl a c k b e r r y s o u r c e dot c o m / s t o r e / c a t a l o g . a s p ? i t e m = 4 0 7 3

Worse case, you might need to buy a complete replacement to get the proper plugs. Good luck!
    12-20-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD