Hi all,

I am a new Storm 9530 owner and new to your forum, so I hope I am doing this right. Question: I am trying to change the old phone # being displayed on the main screen to my number, and I see some people have suggested ##000000 etc. This tell me I have used an invalid password. This phone was originally used on the BELL? network, I think in Canada, does anyone know how to change the # in this phone?
    Thanks, and happy holidays to all.
    12-22-09 08:21 AM
    I am on verizon, but as soon as I activated my phone through my carrier, my phone number showed up on the phone automatically.
    12-22-09 08:23 AM
    I was hoping that was the case for mine, but no, and it seem the ##000000 method is only for phones on verizon. I think the passwords are exclusive to each carrier.
    12-22-09 08:25 AM
    You number should display on the phone when you activate it on your line. Your sim card should have your number, since you're AT&T.

the ##000000 (which I believe is the CDMA programming page) is for clearing your number out when passing the phone on to a new owner.
    Last edited by plkcable; 12-22-09 at 08:52 AM.
    12-22-09 08:49 AM
    thanks for the reply, thats exactly the issue, I got this storm used from a guy in WI, however, it was sold to me as a new, never used or opened phone, but, when it arrived it had been used with someone elses number programmed in it. It was used on the BELL network (thats what comes up on the main screen where the carriers logo is) but I am an At&t customer with a blackberry pearl, I took the sim out of that and put it in the storm, but the # in the main screen still shows as the previous owners #. The phone works fine, just wrong # on main screen. If anyone can help!!!!
    12-22-09 08:59 AM
    Hi, did you ever fix the issue ?? I am on the same boat. Bought a Storm2 that was activated with Verizon and after unlocked it and put my Tmobile sim there it still shows the wrong# on the main screen. Can anyone help please ??
    Thanks....
    12-23-09 09:26 AM
    You number should display on the phone when you activate it on your line. Your sim card should have your number, since you're AT&T.

the ##000000 (which I believe is the CDMA programming page) is for clearing your number out when passing the phone on to a new owner.
    This is incorrect. The CDMA "World Phones" BBs get their number display in the Phone app from the CDMA programming. I've asked RIM several times over to set this reading based on what radio technology the BB is set to use, but they don't listen and make proper OS developments that make more logical sense.

With OS5, you can set the option not to display the My Number in the Phone app, but if you want to change it you must dial the ##MSLNUMBER The MSL number is (6) Zeros for Verizon and Alltel, but not for other carriers. Sprint, Bell and Telus all use different ones derived from the phone's ESN I believe. So, for the OP, unless you can get this info from the branding carrier or via certain MSL reading tools/writeups off the phone, you're stuck.
    12-23-09 09:53 AM
    This is incorrect. The CDMA "World Phones" BBs get their number display in the Phone app from the CDMA programming. I've asked RIM several times over to set this reading based on what radio technology the BB is set to use, but they don't listen and make proper OS developments that make more logical sense.

With OS5, you can set the option not to display the My Number in the Phone app, but if you want to change it you must dial the ##MSLNUMBER The MSL number is (6) Zeros for Verizon and Alltel, but not for other carriers. Sprint, Bell and Telus all use different ones derived from the phone's ESN I believe. So, for the OP, unless you can get this info from the branding carrier or via certain MSL reading tools/writeups off the phone, you're stuck.
    I think I said the ##000000 won't work since the OP isn't using Verizon, and that ##000000 is the CDMA programming page.

I've used it to change the number on my BBs from my number to all 9s when passing it on to the new owner.
    12-23-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD