So I'm still trying to find the right set up for protecting and carrying my Storm. First I was using the hard plastic case from verizon and keeping it in my pocket. It was ok but it collected massive amounts of dust underneath and considering it was transparent it did not look nice. Lets face it, the Storm is a beautiful device none of us want to see it dirty and dusty.

Then I went to the Monaco aluminum case. Had issues with that. Worked for a while but opening and closing became a hassle. The phone looked like it was from Terminator. And once the hinge got caught on something and opened sending my Storm flying out onto the floor. Not so good.

Now I'm using a silicone case and IS for the screen and held it in my old leather holster for the 8703e. It looks and feels nice but I had an engagement party to go to today and I kept the phone in the pocket of my dress pants. I used my phone later in the evening and I noticed a nice buildup of grossness like dust or lint or whatever underneath the silicone, close to the screen. And because I am paranoid about getting dust under my screen this bothered me a bit. My device works great and I'd hate to have to replace it with something that might not perform as well.

My father recently got a Storm due to the BOGO sale. He keeps it naked with just a screen protector and carries it in the BlackBerry pouch that verizon sells. It looks nice and it seems to protect the phone well. It is also not as bulky as it looked in the packaging.

I was wondering if anyone else used this case. Perhaps with IS surrounding the phone and in a leather OEM holster or something. I was wondering if this would keep the phone clean and relatively safe. I also like how the BlackBerry cases have the battery sensor.

Just trying to decide what works and wanted to to see what others used/did.

Thanks.
    02-16-09 02:53 AM
    I use the leather case that verizon sells and keep it in my pocket. I like it. I had one for my curve and had no problems. I started with a silicone case but i feel like the leather case offers more protection as long as you dont drop it on the top part that sticks out. The silicone was a pain to get in and out of my pocket. On a side note and this may just be me, I feel like its easier to type naked (the phone, not me ) without the silicone. The only issue i have with the leather case is when you go to use the phone you have to do something with the case. Not a real big deal for me.
    02-16-09 03:08 AM
    If you dot notice dust under the screen after a month your phone will be fine. I use the vzw screen protector and hard case and throw it in my jeans. Almost three months and this badboy is fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 03:52 AM
    Check out the Seidio Innocase II Surface from this site's store. It feels nice and not as thick as the others.
    02-16-09 04:24 AM
    I have the otterbox case and love it. Had it on my bb pearl before and it was awesome and saved the phone from a lot of drops. The storm version has doesn't seem to add to much bulk compared the pearl, and it also has built in screen protector and over the camera. All the ports are covered too (allowing the use of all buttons. The ear phone jack and charging port have a flap that can be pulled away, so you do not have to remove it. It comes with a clip/holder, which has a magnet to put it sleep mode (or whatever it does).
    02-16-09 10:04 AM
    I use both the silicone case and the leather holster. I'm typicaly not for holsters, but considering the options available when you holste the phone, its pretty cool and helps with performance. I use the silicone because its thin enough to be comfortable and gives it just a bit more protection.

02-16-09 10:17 AM
    i just have the hard case that verizon sells and put it my pocket it's been only a month but still no sign of dust or anything, going strong!
    02-16-09 10:20 AM
    If you dot notice dust under the screen after a month your phone will be fine. I use the vzw screen protector and hard case and throw it in my jeans. Almost three months and this badboy is fine

This isn't totally true...I've had my second storm for about 2 months and just started to get dust this week. Its definately not as bad as my first (only a few specks of dusts compared to copious amounts). I am also shopping for cases now!
    02-16-09 10:42 AM
    I use the pocket pouch that I got right here from crackberry shop. Slide it into my
    pocket, works GREAT. Wife uses the same thing. Throws it in her purse. Hers is �oyster�. Mine is black. BB makes them.

02-16-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD