Hey guys, so i did some searching on google and i found a good program to help those of us who dont have web browsing or are just having problems installing OTA links.

1) Download the OTA to Desktop Program here

2) Unzip and Run program

3) On the OTA link, right click and select Properties. Copy the whole link under "Address"

4)Paste the adress link in the "Url to .jad file" section of the program. Click download. Wait a minute or so and let it load the files.

5)A folder will pop up with all the files that you have downloaded. Copy ALL of them(It will be a bunch of .COD files and one .JAD file.

6) Create a folder on your desktop or whatever is more convenient for you and name it whatever the app/game is. i.e "Quickpull"

7)Open the folder and click paste.

8) Connect your BB to your computer, open up My Computer and look for your Media Card (it will be listed as an extra Storage device i.e Removable Disk I: or BLACKBERRY I: )

9) Create a folder on your Media Card called "Apps" for example. Then copy the folder you just created, "Quickpull" for example and paste it into the "apps" folder on your media card. Disconnect your Blackberry from the computer.

10) On your Blackberry, go to Media>Menu Button>Explore>Media Card>Blackberry>Apps>Quickpull and search for the .JAD file and click on it. It will then ask you to download and then install and just follow the process.

And thats it! After it is installed it should go under Downloads folder, or whatever folder you set it to.

Any questions feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Telus Toronto; 03-26-09 at 10:23 PM.
    03-26-09 10:10 PM
    Hey guys, so i did some searching on google and i found a good program to help those of us who dont have web browsing or are just having problems installing OTA links.

1) Download the OTA to Desktop Program here

2) Unzip and Run program

3) On the OTA link, right click and select Properties. Copy the whole link under "Adress"

4)Paste the adress link in the "Url to .jad file" section of the program. Click download. Wait a minute or so and let it load the files.

5)A folder will pop up with all the files that you have downloaded. Copy ALL of them(It will be a bunch of .COD files and one .JAD file.

6) Create a folder on your desktop or whatever is more convenient for you and name it whatever the app/game is. i.e "Quickpull"

7)Open the folder and click paste.

8) Connect your BB to your computer, open up My Computer and look for your Media Card (it will be listed as an extra Storage device i.e Removable Disk I: or BLACKBERRY I: )

9) Create a folder on your Media Card called "Apps" for example. Then copy the folder you just created, "Quickpull" for example and paste it into the "apps" folder on your media card. Disconnect your Blackberry from the computer.

10) On your Blackberry, go to Media>Menu Button>Explore>Media Card>Apps>Quickpull and search for the .JAD file and click on it. It will then ask you to download and then install and just follow the process.

And thats it! After it is installed it should go under Downloads folder, or whatever folder you set it to.

Any questions feel free to ask!
    This method could probably replace the card loader app. Doing this you could store programs that you don't use on a regular basis on the memory card and only install them when you need them and uninstall them when you are done.
    03-26-09 10:17 PM
    Thats actually a good idea too. At the moment im not using a ton of apps but i can imagine this would help people who do.
    03-26-09 10:28 PM
    Thanks for posting. I am still new, so this is something I will refer back to often.
    03-26-09 10:40 PM
    No problem. Maybe a mod would be able to sticky this somewhere so its easier to access.
    03-26-09 10:50 PM
    Hmm, good thinking!
    03-26-09 11:12 PM
    bump

10char
    03-27-09 09:21 AM
    can a mod move this?
    03-27-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD