I have tried every setting. My screen keeps auto dimming and its driving me nuts! Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 05:12 PM
    Need more information. What OS, how long before it starts dimming, things of that nature...
    09-07-09 05:14 PM
    Did you set the auto dim to "OFF"... Than "menu" Save.
    09-07-09 05:15 PM
    so you alreday tried options> screen/keyboard. automatically dim backlight? and its still doing it?
    try a battery pull after changing the setting and see what happens. youd be surprised but a battery pull seems to cure a lot of BB ills.
    09-07-09 05:17 PM
    My settings have been consistent through many battery pulls. 70 brightness, dimming off. It happens a lot in bright light. It will be plenty bright then suddenly go dim for a bit, brighten back up a minute later... And so on. Running 148.

09-07-09 06:35 PM
    My settings have been consistent through many battery pulls. 70 brightness, dimming off. It happens a lot in bright light. It will be plenty bright then suddenly go dim for a bit, brighten back up a minute later... And so on. Running 148.

Yeah I have the same problem! Hope someone give us a solution soon!! This is driving me crazy!!

09-07-09 06:59 PM
    I have the backlight timeout set at 10 secs with auto-dim on.

A handy feature of the Storm is that the right convenience key also acts as a backlight button when pressed lightly. It will also bring the brightness back to max and will keep the backlight on at max when the button is held down lightly.
    09-07-09 07:15 PM
    I'm going reload OS or replace device. Unless u dl'd theme/app around time problem started...
    09-07-09 10:25 PM
    I have tried every setting. My screen keeps auto dimming and its driving me nuts! Any ideas?

Go to clock and hit your blackberry button and choose exit bedside mode!

09-07-09 10:39 PM
    My storm used to do this until I upgraded the os. I was on .148 at the time. No matter what I did the back light still dimmed.
    09-07-09 10:40 PM
    The led has the light sensor built into it. If you cover that up it will dim the screen becuase it thinks its in a darker environment.
    09-07-09 10:41 PM
    Not in bedside mode.
    No I'm not upgrading unless its OTA from Verizon.
    It must be the LED thing. Drives me nuts. I wish I could turn that off.

09-08-09 12:29 AM
    Not in bedside mode.
    No I'm not upgrading unless its OTA from Verizon.
    It must be the LED thing. Drives me nuts. I wish I could turn that off.

my screen only seems to dim when its in landscape and not portrait mode. I wish I could disable this also.
    09-08-09 12:45 AM
    Go to clock and hit your blackberry button and choose exit bedside mode!

Holy crap this worked for me, it wasnt in bedside mode but i entered bedside mode and then went to exit bedside mode, and also went into options and disabled dim option for bedside mode, phone hasnt dimmed in landscape mode yet.
    09-29-09 11:11 AM
    This has been happening to me on every OS, every hybrid since I got the phone. The media bug was on that same persistent bug list for me until .151, then .230 broke it again

still love .230 overall but those bugs aren't cool
    09-29-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD