Nice work on the left button with the keyboard. rocks on other applications too. Thanks
    11-05-09 02:09 PM
    No custom theme here
    11-05-09 07:31 PM
    I'm having the same problem...I finally googled it today and I'm glad it's at least not a dysfunctional phone this time! I figured out the compose sms trick, so I at least could READ the text messages, but it is so obnoxious to have to do that. I like the new OS and sometimes it has seemed faster, but lately it's done some weird stuff. Oh, and I don't have a custom theme.
    Last edited by lcinva; 11-16-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    11-16-09 04:20 PM
    Mines show a blank message when i open my sms messages. I have the updated 405 .... i cant even foward as sms, does anyobdy has this issue
    12-18-09 07:39 PM
    I set my left convenience key to "show virtual keyboard" seems to be the quickest way for me to hide the keyboard and bring it back when I want it.
    What is a "conveinience key"? and where is it on the Storm 9530. and also how do I set it?
    12-26-09 12:13 PM
    As far as the keyboard goes, you don't have to set it to the convenience key on the Storm. You can swipe the keyboard into hiding.

I have been having the same problem with blank SMS messages, and one other trick I found (complicated I know) is to go out of the thread, use the menu key to select "View Folder" and look for the SMS Inbox folder. Then you can click the blank message and forward it to yourself. That seems to work ALMOST all the time, so far.

For me, it's just one person, and I get several per day blank like that. No custom theme, unless you count a pic of my daughter as my wallpaper as a custom theme...
    01-02-10 01:46 PM
    On .419 The keyboard is not show until you click in the text box.
    This is true for both SMS and BBM.
    01-03-10 08:37 PM
    I'm having this same problem, where I will receive a message and be able to read the preview, but I can't open the thread, and when I do it's just a blank message.

I've only noticed this from another Verizon customer, so maybe it's a problem on their end and not RIM's?

Has anyone found a fix for this, other than the workarounds posted so far?

Also, has anyone made or would be able to point me in the right direction for a custom OS that reverts to the old message style and not threading?
    01-05-10 09:41 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD