I don't know what is going on with this new OS but every once in a while I receive a text and when I try to click it to open it I get nothing. I can open all the other messages but not that one. Anyone know whats going on there?
    10-30-09 09:57 AM
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure what's causing it. However, I've just found out that if you have a message you can't click on to open, you can "Compose" a new message to the same person and it will open it. Kinda a screwy way to get in and it's a definite waste of clicks, but it works to get to your unread texts that won't open.
    10-30-09 04:52 PM
    Has happened a couple times to me also, each time had to do a battery pull and then could open it. Not sure, but I think each time it happened, I was reading a text from another contact when the one I could not open came in.
    10-30-09 04:57 PM
    Just installed the new 5.0 OS from Verizon and havn't had that issue with text messages yet (I'm sure I will though)...

My issue is...can I change the settings so that when I open a text message group, the keyboard doesn't automatically appear. I want to have the full screen to read the message and then have the keyboard appear if I hit reply...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    10-30-09 05:00 PM
    Just installed the new 5.0 OS from Verizon and havn't had that issue with text messages yet (I'm sure I will though)...

My issue is...can I change the settings so that when I open a text message group, the keyboard doesn't automatically appear. I want to have the full screen to read the message and then have the keyboard appear if I hit reply...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I set my left convenience key to "show virtual keyboard" seems to be the quickest way for me to hide the keyboard and bring it back when I want it.
    10-30-09 05:05 PM
    I set my left convenience key to "show virtual keyboard" seems to be the quickest way for me to hide the keyboard and bring it back when I want it.
    Nice suggestion!
    10-30-09 10:47 PM
    That is brilliant! I'm going to do just that. The keyboard thing and the dimming are driving me batsh*t crazy. How did you even think of that?
    Last edited by HMBgal; 10-30-09 at 10:55 PM.
    10-30-09 10:50 PM
    Glad I could help
    10-31-09 07:42 AM
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure what's causing it. However, I've just found out that if you have a message you can't click on to open, you can "Compose" a new message to the same person and it will open it. Kinda a screwy way to get in and it's a definite waste of clicks, but it works to get to your unread texts that won't open.
    same here...happened to me for the first time last night and i figured this fix out by accident and it worked. so far this morning...it hasnt happened yet.

fwiw...i never had this problem on .323 for the few weeks i had it...but i just loaded .328 2 days ago...and then i got this prob.
    10-31-09 08:47 AM
    is there a way to hide the call back number in SMS screen to give more screen for reading, right now on my storm i can only read two lines at a time and if i can get rid of call back number it would give me another line to read possibly,
    Last edited by tekki; 10-31-09 at 05:36 PM.
    10-31-09 05:31 PM
    Hello Guys.. is anyone else not Receiving Txt messages from people who arent from Verizon? Also no one is receiving pictures that I am sending...
    11-01-09 10:48 AM
    Hello Guys.. is anyone else not Receiving Txt messages from people who arent from Verizon? Also no one is receiving pictures that I am sending...
    Nope. I'm getting them. Have been all day. Verizon does do that to me from time to time though.
    11-01-09 05:18 PM
    Ok this is now reached the point of aggregation. I can't read the first message in the sms list. I don't know why but it seems to happen every time I get a new sms. I also can not click on any internet links in any messages either email or text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 05:35 PM
    Ok this is now reached the point of aggregation. I can't read the first message in the sms list. I don't know why but it seems to happen every time I get a new sms. I also can not click on any internet links in any messages either email or text.

Did what I suggested above (right under your post) not work? My Blackberry did it to me again today and that worked like a champ. It is annoying, but seems to work until a fix is found.
    11-01-09 08:05 PM
    i keep getting this problem too... i just delete the thread and start over.. but its becoming a hassle
    11-02-09 12:35 PM
    Did what I suggested above (right under your post) not work? My Blackberry did it to me again today and that worked like a champ. It is annoying, but seems to work until a fix is found.
    Ya... This works... it is just aggravating that it is happening... Oh well... Nothing is perfect but this new OS sure is close... Just a couple minor issues.
    Last edited by AQucsaiJr; 11-02-09 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Can't Spell
    11-02-09 12:41 PM
    I don't know what is going on with this new OS but every once in a while I receive a text and when I try to click it to open it I get nothing. I can open all the other messages but not that one. Anyone know whats going on there?
    Yeah. I have the same problem. When I'm still in the SMS chat thread, the texts come up but doesn't display the message. Its like they sent a blank txt but when I exit I can See a preview of the text but can't open it. This happened to me in .230 and .328. It happens sometimes but its so annoying.

11-02-09 01:16 PM
    Yeah. I have the same problem. When I'm still in the SMS chat thread, the texts come up but doesn't display the message. Its like they sent a blank txt but when I exit I can See a preview of the text but can't open it. This happened to me in .230 and .328. It happens sometimes but its so annoying.

Does this happen to you with a Verizon person texting you? it will do the same thing no matter how many times they send the text, that's what i have found out, it must be something in the text that is the same, idk. It happens to me frequently and i haven't found out any solution to read it or anything, its very frustrating, did this happen to you on .323 or whatever the latest one besides the official release is? if so I will deff downgrade to that one.
    11-04-09 07:58 PM
    Does this happen to you with a Verizon person texting you? it will do the same thing no matter how many times they send the text, that's what i have found out, it must be something in the text that is the same, idk. It happens to me frequently and i haven't found out any solution to read it or anything, its very frustrating, did this happen to you on .323 or whatever the latest one besides the official release is? if so I will deff downgrade to that one.
    Having the same issue. It's only happened to a verizon person so far. Most other people I text without verizon is through BBM. I have no clue how to fix and it's driving me nuts! I have to delete the thread and reboot and ask the person to resend the last message. I'm getting to aggravated!! Does anyone know if the Storm 2 is having problems like this?
    11-04-09 09:34 PM
    ive also been having these problems, the "fix" i use is to compose a message to that person, which opens up the thread

i still cant see the last message i got from them though (it shows up as a blank text, with no timestamp even though i can read a part of it in the preview)

this has only happened to me when a certain person texts me, so i thought it was their phone, but apparently its common place, so it cant be their phone
    11-04-09 10:02 PM
    Yep, happened with a verizon phone texting me
    11-05-09 01:50 AM
    If you are having this problem I have a question for you.... Are you running a custom theme? I have found that if I do not go through the steps of getting rid of the white bars in landscape that this is no longer a problem. It might have something to do with having a custom theme! Maybe!

**Forget it... That theory is dead... Seems like either RIM or Verizon droped the ball on this one... I thought Text was one of the basic functions of the phones now a days... I would assume they could fix a problem as simple as this soon!
    Last edited by AQucsaiJr; 11-05-09 at 08:22 AM. Reason: *Update
    11-05-09 07:19 AM
    I'm having the same problem with no custom themes.
    11-05-09 10:31 AM
    If you are having this problem I have a question for you.... Are you running a custom theme? I have found that if I do not go through the steps of getting rid of the white bars in landscape that this is no longer a problem. It might have something to do with having a custom theme! Maybe!

**Forget it... That theory is dead... Seems like either RIM or Verizon droped the ball on this one... I thought Text was one of the basic functions of the phones now a days... I would assume they could fix a problem as simple as this soon!
    Exactly! We've had what...2 OS updates since January and picky a** verizon doesn't catch this! My question is...is it an OS problem with the build or is it only affecting a certain amount of phones?
    11-05-09 01:30 PM
    Maybe someone should take a poll on who is having this issue... It does not seem to be limited to just a couple phones.
    11-05-09 01:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD