My Storm has stopped playing video files, it simply reports that an error has occurred whenever I try to play video files. I can't watch anything now.

I am up to date with the latest operating systems as per Vodafone's updates. It has never had problems in the past....... Can anyone help?
    11-30-09 04:37 AM
    What troubleshooting have you done already, I wont say do a battery pull because you did that already haven't you?
    11-30-09 05:09 AM
    What troubleshooting have you done already, I wont say do a battery pull because you did that already haven't you?
    Yes I have tried pulling the battery it makes no difference.
    11-30-09 05:18 AM
    Yes I have tried pulling the battery it makes no difference.
    Sorry I can't give more details but I am at a loss to explain this, is it an operating system problem which will hopefully be solved when Vodafone finally get round to releasing it?
    Dora anyone know of an alternative application to play videos?
    Thanks
    12-01-09 03:55 AM
    My suggestion would be to first of all pull the memory card and reinsert it if that is where the videos are stored, just in case its a bad contact with the phone.

Next thing is to try youtube. It plays videos through the same video player on the phone, so it will let you see if the issue is with the player or the video files you're using.

I suppose I should make sure you've checked that your files are in the correct format....mp4?

If your videos are stored on your memory card, and you're still having issues at this point, then plug your phone into your computer and put a new video in mp4 format on the phone's internal memory, not the memory card. Then battery pull and try playing that video.

If that vid works, then the problem is with your memory card or the contacts between it and the phone most likely.

If none of this has worked then my suggestion is to wipe the phone and reinstall your operating system from scratch. Directions are in the OS discussion forum.

If all of this fails, and your phone is still under warranty, then I would suggest going in and getting a new phone.
    12-01-09 04:51 AM
    I had problems with my last storm I narrowed it down to a error conflicting with slacker radio. Everytime I played slacker I had to pull the battery till camera worked again.??? That storm was made in Mexico the one I got now Canada..do you run Slacker?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:35 PM
    I had problems with my last storm I narrowed it down to a error conflicting with slacker radio. Everytime I played slacker I had to pull the battery till camera worked again.??? That storm was made in Mexico the one I got now Canada..do you run Slacker?

I have just recently updated to the latest Vodafone OS and that's when the problem started. I have tried wiping and reinstalling the OS but it hasn't made any difference. Prior to this my Storm was very reliable and have me no problems. It now seems to hang occasionally and not connect to webpages. I don't know what else to try is this a known issue with newer OS?

12-11-09 05:22 AM
    I too have to same problem since I upgraded to the new 5.0 software released... They played before. They are .avi files... I haven't figured out why yet.
    12-11-09 07:09 AM
    I too have to same problem since I upgraded to the new 5.0 software released... They played before. They are .avi files... I haven't figured out why yet.
    Mine are MP4 files, MP3 files work fine, could this be a memory issue?(am clutching at straws now because I can't see any pattern)

12-12-09 11:01 AM
    I've had the same problem for ages. I can't find a work around it, and searching on the Blackberry knowledge base just says they are aware of the problem, and are working on a solution
    12-12-09 11:42 AM
    I've had the same problem for ages. I can't find a work around it, and searching on the Blackberry knowledge base just says they are aware of the problem, and are working on a solution
    How do I access the knowledge base?

I am also having a problem with my internet connectivity hanging. It seems to just stop looking for pages, as if there's no page to find, just keeps requesting but nothing comes.

A reset seems to solve this.

I am at a loss to explain this, my operating system is currently v4.7.0.181.

Anything I can try?
    12-13-09 04:47 AM
    Just re-do ur os..re-install everything
    12-13-09 07:59 AM
    Just re-do ur os..re-install everything
    I have already tried that and I still have the same problem.

12-15-09 04:17 AM
    I have already tried that and I still have the same problem.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

12-15-09 12:43 PM
    I have solved the problem, by downgrading my OS to 4.7.0.141!

Mt phone is a little slower but works just as before the upgrade.
    Is there any usefull way to inform Vodafone and RIM about this problem with newer operating system versions?

12-16-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD