Greetings,

I've got a Storm BB that does not turn on.
    When I plug it into the laptop or a charger, the red light turns on, then the screen turns white and I get the image of a battery and a blue lightning bolt.

I have tried the following :

1- Using JL_Cmder to wipe it, I get : COM error during Open: (0x80040001)
    2- Using the Loader.exe /nojvm trick, I can chose the USB (and the PIN is shown too), but I get to a screen with "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device etc...".
    So I have downloaded my carrier's OS from the blackberry website, and I ran it on my computer, again, nothing shows in the loader.exe
    3- Tried using the BB Desktop software. It recognizes the devices, but gives an error that it cant really connect to it because it needs to be updated (or batter is dead...which is not the case) ...
    After downloading the required files and getting through the installation process, it throws an error "Application loader was unable to connect to your device" when it gets to "Reconnecting to JVM"

Any thoughts?
    01-05-11 12:44 PM
    Have you tried using BBSAK to wipe the device? You may want to delete all the old BB OS's on your PC and start over. Hopefully you have a backup of your data.
    01-05-11 04:15 PM
    Did you delete the Vendor.xml file in app loader? That could be one of your problems.
    01-05-11 05:15 PM
    Thank you guys for your replies.
    After much fighting with the storm (ha!), I was able to fix it!

I uninstalled all OS'es from my PC, installed only the Storm OS, and tried running loader.exe /nojvm again.
    All crack tools were unable to really open the USB port. They were able to "see" the device, but couldn't change/retrieve anything.
    This time, I was able to see the screen with the checkboxes.
    I continued ... but again, I got to the JVM part and it threw an error.

However, this time after I plugged in the phone to my PC, instead of getting the white screen with the battery and bolt, I got a black screen with a battery and a big red cross (X) on it.

I searched around these forums for the reason why this happens, and it turned out as if the Storm thought it had no battery (knowing that the battery is charged).
    I read that some people "dropped their phones from 3 feet over and over again" in order to fix this problem ... so I thought what the heck.
    Tried that, but it didn't work.

Thinking the Storm became useless, I decided to dismantle it. After doing so, I took a hairdryer and blew over the parts, and tried to clean the dust off the connectors (there wasn't too much dust, but still ... I wanted to be picky).

After this process, the phone turned on to a the beloved white 507 error screen.
    From there on, things became pretty easy ... I was able to wipe the OS and install the new one.

Tadaaaaa ... the blackberry is working again!

I guess you shouldn't really give up easily on fixing those stuff after all

Thank you guys
    01-07-11 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD