Hi Guys im new here, just got my storm today, and im pretty sure this question has been asked before i did search but didnt find an answer..

I cant seem to get even one youtube video to work..tried so far..

tried mobile youtube get error message "an error occurred atteptemting to play media"

Ive also tried installing Youtube app in Application center, then i go into apps,
    run youtube,

it then shows a Youtube tv window starts to load, then I get the following error

" PlayerExeption: Errir initializing
    media. Cause:
    javax.microedition.media.mediaException: Error initializing media "

I get the same errors everytime. Ive tried rebooting, Ive tried removing battery and starting over, same errors again...

any ideas guys?
    02-03-09 02:01 PM
    i had problems the first few hours after i got my storm. Maybe you should just wait a bit?

I use the youtube app (got it from the OTA thread) and it works great. Never had a problem with any videos.
    02-03-09 02:04 PM
    Are you going to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. or are you using the youtube application?
    02-03-09 02:21 PM
    i had the same problem, you gotta go to m.youtube.com
    02-03-09 02:22 PM
    to be honest tried both methods

m.youtube.com gives the first error message in my post..

and the pre-installed youtube app, gives the second error
    02-03-09 02:37 PM
    Some videos will not play. Depends on the encoding codec. Try another. Also, it helps if you set your browser to Blackberry emulation.
    02-03-09 02:42 PM
    came across something in google asking to set browser to blackberry which ive done

yeah ive tried several videos, maybe around 20 different ones with no joy..

m.youtube.com gives a green loading button, to start with then nothing
    02-03-09 02:47 PM
    Could be some of that RIM data outage issues everyone in the US is having. Can you browse anywhere else? Have you tried the YouTube video app instead?
    02-03-09 02:53 PM
    thanks for the help guys...

still not working, but just found out the following, seems Vodaphone UK have a current issue with youtube, and no timescale to resolve it

There is currently a network issue affecting YouTube streaming for certain phones on Vodafone UK - most noteably the Storm, and the Nokia N95 and N96 handsets, which is under investigating by our firewall team.

The case reference for this is HD1020851 - at present we have identified the main cause of the issue, but do not yet have a timescale for resolution
    02-03-09 05:43 PM
    I am also having this exact problem, and have read MANY forums w/ diff opinions/solutions, but they dont work I still get the following error msg Every time I try to open a video w/the youtube app ""Player Exception: Cannot open tunnel. Cause: java.io.IOException: Cannot open tunnel" I have a fully unlocked BB storm 9530 - have tried numerous times/diff videos/removing the battery/uninstalling-reinstalling - same thing. It has to be some technical option somewhere, because others claim theirs works fine. And yes Im aware of the mobile site to view, which also doesnt work for me- it opens up my media player, then nothing everytime- but regardless i prefer the App, and it has worked for others, so I would need someone who has conquered this issue to PLEASE reply to me!! = Thanks
    03-03-09 01:31 PM
    Hi Guys im new here, just got my storm today, and im pretty sure this question has been asked before i did search but didnt find an answer..

I cant seem to get even one youtube video to work..tried so far..

tried mobile youtube get error message "an error occurred atteptemting to play media"

Ive also tried installing Youtube app in Application center, then i go into apps,
    run youtube,

it then shows a Youtube tv window starts to load, then I get the following error

" PlayerExeption: Errir initializing
    media. Cause:
    javax.microedition.media.mediaException: Error initializing media "

I get the same errors everytime. Ive tried rebooting, Ive tried removing battery and starting over, same errors again...

any ideas guys?
    I'm getting the same exact error messages...could this have something to do with the fact that I'm running .122? Has anyone found a fix for this error?
    04-14-09 01:51 PM
    I'm getting the same exact error messages...could this have something to do with the fact that I'm running .122? Has anyone found a fix for this error?
    Just downloaded the Youtube app and I get it too. I can view maybe 1 out of 20 videos. This app sucks.
    04-14-09 06:22 PM
    Just downloaded the Youtube app and I get it too. I can view maybe 1 out of 20 videos. This app sucks.
    Hang in there. It actually used to work really well until a few days ago. They will fix whatever they screwed up (I hope....)
    04-14-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD