updated to 5.0 and one day 1XEV changed to 1xev and wont go back. did bat pulls...loaded .151...sent hrt's...did pretty much everything the forums have said to do. is there any settings or summin anywhere that maybe got changed somehow? only other thing i can think of is go to verizon...and im pretty sure they cant do anything either...
    08-01-09 12:56 AM
    load .148 and take it to verizon if all else fails. See what they say. It could be faulty hardware. If you tried everything else its worth a shot.
    08-01-09 03:44 AM
    updated to 5.0 and one day 1XEV changed to 1xev and wont go back. did bat pulls...loaded .151...sent hrt's...did pretty much everything the forums have said to do. is there any settings or summin anywhere that maybe got changed somehow? only other thing i can think of is go to verizon...and im pretty sure they cant do anything either...
    And you triple checked that data was turned on in network connections?

I would do a full wipe with JL_Cmder and start from scratch and go with .151. 5.0 is still pretty buggy
    08-01-09 04:22 AM
    Was dial *22899 among things u did?
    08-01-09 07:01 AM
    ya i did all of that...i ended up takin it to verizon and they called tech support and made me go thru a bunch of steps...the guy said hmmm...thats odd....sounds like ur phone is corrupted or i had a virus...lmao...so i got a new phone
    08-01-09 07:30 PM
    Glad to hear they took care of you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:35 PM
    A Virus on A BB huh lol, nice, anywho 1xev means that the connections and settings are correct and the device is connecting to the thier data network but something was blocking the connection to either your browser or your email so its good you got a new phone though. Who doesn't like new?
    08-01-09 07:37 PM
    What is the difference between 1xev and 1XEV?
    08-01-09 09:11 PM
    ya i did all of that...i ended up takin it to verizon and they called tech support and made me go thru a bunch of steps...the guy said hmmm...thats odd....sounds like ur phone is corrupted or i had a virus...lmao...so i got a new phone
    Quoted, just in case you guys still think they have non-idiots working VZW customer service.

No wonder RIM gets pissed every time they get a phone back. I'm willing to be 85% of all returns are software related and NOT hardware malfunctions. If I was RIM I'd give VZW the finger and tell them to hire people with half a brain.
    08-01-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD